cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDCard image: boot partition for iMX6

antoinec
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm working on Yocto to generate an SDCard image for my iMX6s based demo board.

The actual configuration generate a core-image-minimal-imx6s.sdcard file. I can use it to load a SDCard with the dd command. The sdcard will contain 2 partitions:

- boot partition containing zImage, device tree...

- rootfs partition containing... rootfs...

Is there a way to generate a "*.sdcard" file that contain only the boot partition?

Or better, is there a way to generate 2 sdcard files, one for the bootpartition, one for the rootfs.

Thanks

Antoine

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Antoine CAURIER,

There is some information on how to edit the sizes of each partition on the following document, although it does not cover how to completely eliminate a partition.

Guide to the .sdcard format

There are some scripts that govern the sdcard format and you may be able to edit these. However, since the sdcard file contains the partition table for the image you cannot have two sdcard files containing only one partition each and copy them using dd since you would require one partition table that addresses both partitions.

It would be theoretically possible to have an sdcard file with the complete partition table addressing both partitions and the actual partition files separately but it would be perhaps impractical and you would need to be very careful to copy them on the right locations.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos