codewarrior license error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior license error

xiaojianma
Contributor I

i just bought a codewarrior development suite(CWP_PRO_NL) with a USB dongle, but when i start the codewarrior IDE, a message appear to let me register (picture 1), and I have registered many times successfully, but the message always appears. i dont know why??

the spec contents as follows:

1、with the USB dongle, when start IDE a message appears as picture 1;

2、without the USB dongle, when start IDE a message appears as picture 2;

3、codewarrior - help - license authorization (picture 3) , the dongle id option can`t be choiced;

4、imtools can dectect the dongle ID;(picture 4)

5、i have installed the USB dongle drver sucessfully, the LED light switch on.

6、the license file was generated from NXP website, and binded the USB dongle ID, then placed the license.dat to codewarrior install root folder.

I dont know which step have a problem, why the codewarrior require me register?   I have tried this in win7-32bit and winXP-32bit, but the problem is still there.

141807_141807.pngimage001.png

141808_141808.pngimage002.png

141845_141845.pngimage003.png

141846_141846.pngimage004.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

this is the IDE version and not the tool version.

In this dialog click on Installed Products.

Pascal

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello xiaojian

The message in first picutre is introduced by an issue between flexlm driver used on CW for MPC55xx and USBdongle.

Every time, every day you will launch the IDE you will get this message … but the license will work.

So don’t care about it.

You can remove this error message if you add the key:

FEATURE Win32_CWIDE_Limited metrowks 5.5 permanent uncounted \

00E825C5615A HOSTID=ANY TS_OK

Does it work?

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos

xiaojianma
Contributor I

Hi,Fiona:

After added the additional key provided by you, the CW can be launched without USB dongle,   and the USB dongle has no use.  so I have some question :

1、does CW have a difference in use between  using USB dongle and no using USB dongle (added the additional key) ?

2、after added the additional key,  does the CW can be used on other PC at the same time?  ( i think it can ,because the new license is no USB dongle、net address、disk ID limit )

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Xiaojian,

Fiona provided you the additional key: Win32_CWIDE_Limited

In the past, depending of the license file, we provided 2 keys for the IDE:

Win32_CWIDE_Limited

Win32_CWIDE_Unlimited

The Limited key is not really used anymore as the unlimited key is included by default.

The Limited key allows to use the IDE under some restrictions which are:

- project limited to 32 files,

- 1 sub-project,

The Unlimited key is included by default with the license file you received.

This key is used to unlock the IDE which has some limitations as the number of files (32 files), sub project, etc...

This key is locked on the USBDongle in your case.

Regarding your questions:

1- No. the additional key is just to avoid the message: "This is the last days ..."

It doesn't have impact of CW excepted you can launch the IDE without the USBdongle plugged.

2- No. The Limited key is not locked on PC or USBDongle.

By this way, without the USBDongle plugged you can launch the IDE but it will work under Limited restriction.

Only the IDE will work but not other features as Debugger or compiler.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

xiaojianma
Contributor I

Hi,Pascal

I know you said, but I have another question, could the additional key apply to every software included in my codewarrior development suite?

I also installed the "codewarrior development studio for PA",it has the same issue message about register.   After added the additional key,it still appear the same message. It seems that the additional key is not useful for codewarrior development studio for PA.  There are many software in my codewarrior development suite, how can I reslove the issue for all software ?

Thank you.

2.PNG

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xiaojian,

CW for PA v10.x is using Eclipse IDE.

The license problem you could meet under Classic version are not the same of issue you could have with Eclipse versions.

Most of the time each issue is limited to a specific version.

The problem you could have with CW for HC12 v5.x and with CW for MCU V6.3 could be similar but the solution are most of the time different.

If you're using the USBDongle Key for the CW for PA v10.5 tool, I've posted a doc giving some hint for this issue.

Please have a look to:

USBdongle license is not running for CW for PA V10.4 and MCU V10.4 (sometimes) -> "LM_NOTTHISHOST...

I've posted another doc giving some info about the USBdongle ...

How to install/use USBdongle license under Win 8.1? (Include test with CW for MPC55xx V2.7 & CW ...

regard

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xiaojian,

In addition to Fiona.

The problem you meet is a known issue.

There is a compatibility driver between the USBDongle driver and some features of CodeWarrior as the IDE and Debugger.

The Picture 1 is normal but don't really impact the tool.

The message will appear every time/day you will launch the IDE.

To solve this issue you can add the additional key provided by Fiona.

Regarding the Picture 3 - License Authorization.

Don't use it. This is not valid anymore and was used in the past to register the product.

Now you just need to put the license file under your main installation folder.

Don't care about it.

Now depending of the development tool you're using you could meet other problem.

What exactly is the tool version used ?

To avoid problem with classic tool we don't recommend to USBdongle.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

xiaojianma
Contributor I

Hi,Pascal

the development tool version is CWP_PRO_NL,that is CodeWarrior Development Suite - Professional Edition, Perpetual Model, Node-locked License.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Xiaojian,

this is the registration type but not the tool version which is for instance CW for HC12 v5.1.

Tto know exactly the CodeWarrior version you're using you must:

Under CodeWarrior IDE (classic)

Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior.

Click on Installed Products 

Provide us all info displayed.

Or you can save them in a txt file.

If the Installed Products is not available for older version you should find information in the welcome.txt

under the installation folder.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

xiaojianma
Contributor I

it is codewarrior IDE version 5.9.0

1.PNG

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello xiaojian

Could you please attach your pictures again? They cannot be displayed.

In addition, you may refer to this link which should help:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/377864

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos