cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get license.dat from website

Jump to solution
markzusman
Contributor I

I got USB dongle for license.dat, got through installation of driver and lmtools - everything is fine. My next step is supposed to be:  3. Click the Register Product tab. 4. Enter the Entitlement ID (or Registration Code) located on the Registration card, which you received when you purchased your CodeWarrior software product. 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your product, then click the link to the Suite Details Page. Select the desired product, and click Get License button for that product to download the USB dongle license  ... and this is where I'm stuck. I do see an appropriate list of products, but I have no idea how to get license.dat - what am I doing wrong?  Mark.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

Please can you have a look to the video attached to the post:

Cannot Re-host a license - License Lists is empty (valid to generate a license file associated to a...

You should be able to generate the license file you're looking for.

If your license file is not working, you can check if the right driver is installed.

Please have a look to the post:

How to install/use USBdongle license under Win 8.1? (Include test with CW for MPC55xx V2.7 & CW ...

It's valid for all OS.

If you're using CodeWarrior classic version (no Eclipse), you could meet some problem with IDE and Processor Expert keys.

If these features are not working fine, please contact us via the Case system.

Sometimes these keys are working and we need to correct them and re-encrypt the license file.

If you've this issue, please provide us the license file you've generated.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Regards

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

Please can you have a look to the video attached to the post:

Cannot Re-host a license - License Lists is empty (valid to generate a license file associated to a...

You should be able to generate the license file you're looking for.

If your license file is not working, you can check if the right driver is installed.

Please have a look to the post:

How to install/use USBdongle license under Win 8.1? (Include test with CW for MPC55xx V2.7 & CW ...

It's valid for all OS.

If you're using CodeWarrior classic version (no Eclipse), you could meet some problem with IDE and Processor Expert keys.

If these features are not working fine, please contact us via the Case system.

Sometimes these keys are working and we need to correct them and re-encrypt the license file.

If you've this issue, please provide us the license file you've generated.

To submit your case into the new system, please follow below steps:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Regards

Have a great day,
Pascal
NXP Technical Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos