cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM with FRDM-KE06Z

maidana
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using the frdm-ke06z board and I need to generate a PWM signal with frequency of 2 kHz and measure this signal in one of the output pins. Currently I'm using Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Wellington,

I recommend you to use Processor Expert (PEx). While creating your project add the PEx support and then add a PWM_LDD component which configures a FTM instance to generate a PWM signal.

Please take a look into the thread below to have a clearer view about this component:

Re: How to configure multiple PWM outputs using FRDM-KE06Z and CW 10.6.4

If you have any doubt don't hesitate in contact me.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

maidana
Contributor II

Hello Earl,

Thanks for answer. I'm starting some projects with FRDM-KE06Z board and microcontrollers to 32-bit. I'm doing a project in which I need to control through a CAN message the duty cycle of a PWM signal. Can you help me?

Best regards,

Wellington

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Wellington,

I can help you with the PWM signal generation, however, being honest I don't have much experience in CAN so I recommend you to create a new thread regarding the CAN help.

If you decide to work with Processor Expert, it provides an API to change the PWM Duty Cycle which can be called when a CAN message is received so it shouldn't be a problem to work in this way.

If you have any other doubt regarding the PWM generation please don't hesitate in contact me.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

maidana
Contributor II

I created a new project in CodeWarrior with processor expert and I did how the example that you sent me. But it did not worked. I want read the PWM signal into a output pin  of the board FRDM-KE06z on an oscilloscope.

" Excuse me for writing. I speak english a little bit  "

Best regards,

Wellington

0 Kudos