Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zigbee communication

Jump to solution
syed_idris
Contributor III

Hi all,

We are currently working on Kinetis KW40, as zigbee in already there in this microccontroller.

1.How to make zigbee communication of this controller with another zigbee module?

2.Where (in which register) the recieved data of zigbee is stored?

Thanks,

Syed_Idris

1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

As I said, this MCU is not still supported for the BeeStack (NXP's ZigBee Stack). If you HAVE to use ZigBee you need to move to other MCU as I said in my last answer. The MKW40Z is only supported by SMAC, MAC (802.15.4) and BLE stacks.

Depending on your requirements I can recommend you one of those stacks to start developing.

The stacks I mention are included in the KW40Z Connectivity Software which is only supported by IAR. If you want to use KDS and the Kinetis SDK you must build your own application (as any other MCU). I don't recommend this option.

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

The BeeStack (NXP's ZigBee Stack) is a full software stack which enables all the ZigBee protocol in the Kinetis devices. Unfortunately, The KW40Z devices are not supported in the latest BeeStack 5.0.0 codebase. This release supports the KL4xZ + MCR20A transceiver, K6xF + MCR20A transceiver and MKW2xD MCUS.

The MKW40Z Connectivity Software​ supports this device and it includes the SMAC, MAC and BLE stacks.

Also, if you have two MK2xD boards I recommend you to run this guide to get started with our BeeStack.

Running a demo with BeeKit (802.15.4 MAC, SMAC and ZigBee BeeStack)

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos
syed_idris
Contributor III

We are having USB-KW40 and programming it through KDS 3.0.0 (without OpenSDA)

We want to know how the zigbee of this KW40 will communicate to another zigbee module (which is separate).

which component should we select from component library of KDS 3.0.0 If we want

- to establish a communication ,

- to send/receive the data packets

- to know the indication (acknowledgment) of sent/received data packet,

what steps you recommend us to take?

Syed_Idris

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

As I said, this MCU is not still supported for the BeeStack (NXP's ZigBee Stack). If you HAVE to use ZigBee you need to move to other MCU as I said in my last answer. The MKW40Z is only supported by SMAC, MAC (802.15.4) and BLE stacks.

Depending on your requirements I can recommend you one of those stacks to start developing.

The stacks I mention are included in the KW40Z Connectivity Software which is only supported by IAR. If you want to use KDS and the Kinetis SDK you must build your own application (as any other MCU). I don't recommend this option.

Best regards,

Earl.

rafaeltoledo
Contributor III

Is there any plans to support the Bluetooth stack by using the KDS and KSDK?

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Maybe this message is useful for you:

Re: Router example for KW40Z/KW20Z

Earl.

0 Kudos