cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transmit using UART

Jump to solution
juanignaciotroi
Contributor III

Hello. I am starting a new project in which I need to communicate via UART. (I am develping with FRDM-KE02) I have tried to use the ConsoleIO provided by Processor Experto and used just the instruction "printf", I can't see any pulse train in my osciloscope when watch de PTA3 pin (Tx) in it.

I attatch the images of the configuration:

Captura de pantalla 2016-02-03 17.07.46.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-02-03 17.07.40.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-02-03 17.07.25.png

Thank you very much

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan Ignacio Troisi:

There are some similar questions in the community:

Cannot toggle over PTA3 in FRDM-KE02Z

UART0 not working with KE06

So the pins are true Open-Drain outputs.. External pull-ups are required to get a UART signal.

Best Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan Ignacio Troisi:

There are some similar questions in the community:

Cannot toggle over PTA3 in FRDM-KE02Z

So the pins are true Open-Drain outputs.. External pull-ups are required to get a UART signal.

Best Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
juanignaciotroi
Contributor III

Hello. Thank you for your help but I couldn't solve this problem yet. As adding pull up resistors didnt work, I have tried by configuring an AS component so that UART0 is asociated to pins PTB0 and PTB1. However, I still can't see anything different to 0V when trying to watch the Tx pin in my oscilloscope.

Here is a link with my project: Dropbox - asin ​. Maybe there is an error in software which I didnt detect.

Thank you very much

Juan Ignacio

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan Ignacio:

Sorry I just noticed that in FRDM-KE02 there is something else to consider. If you are measuring in the header pins then in the schematics you can see that there are some resistors not populated by default:

pastedImage_2.png

So to watch any of these signals on the header you need to solder 0 ohm resistors or simple solder joints, as well as removing the alternative function 0 ohm resistor.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos