cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug two .elf files with CW for MCU 10.6.4

tim_09
Contributor II

Hey,

while developing software for the MPC5668G, I get two .elf files. One for the z6 core and one for the z0 core. How can I download them to the specific core and debug the software with CW for MCU 10.6.4.?

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Labels (1)
6 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tim

If you would like to load two .elf files into CW debugger. Please open the debugger configuration window, and under the ’Debugger’ tab, please select ‘Other Executables’. This option allows you to specify a second .elf file with symbols to download.

debug configuration.png

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tim_09
Contributor II

Hey Fiona,

thanks for your reply. I've followed your instruction but still he loads the same files on the cores (see picture).

cw.PNG

What do I have to fill in the field Download path for the second file when it is intended for the second core (core1)?

Best Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tim,

if you created basic project for MPC5668G in CodeWarrior, you have just one elf file. The EPPC core0 and core1 just show you, which core are you currently debugging. If you look to the project folder, you will find only one elf and map file.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

tim_09
Contributor II

Hello Martin,

I develop with another IDE and there I get two elf files. One for core0 and one for core1. And then I want to debug with CW. So it is important to load the specific files to each core.

Best regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tim,

I have just created document, which describes the process how to flash two .elf files using CW10.6.

Flash two .elf files using CodeWarrior 10.6

But remember, you have to have correctly configured linker file. If don't, it is possible that the code from first .elf will be overwritten by code from second .elf.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

tim_09
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

thanks for your document. I will try your guide as soon as possible.

Regards,

Tim