TWR_K64F120/KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR_K64F120/KDS

kooroshhajiani
Contributor III

I was able to successfully built and run/debug the hello_world_twrk64f120m example project from SDK  for the KDS.

I 'm able to debug and flash LEDs however I am not sure how to display the string "hello_world" . I see in the code that UART1 is configured at 115200 bps and is used as debug port .

There is a virtual com port which on my PC is com4 and there is jumpers on TWR_k64f120m that connects the UART1's TX/RX to this virtual port.

So I set the jumpers on the board and open a terminal and nothing is displayed .

Do I need to connect to the actual TX/RX pins of the UART1 on TWR_64K120 board and then connect to the com port on my PC using a USB/RS232 jack?

This virtual com port is a bit confusing for me.

Thank you for your guidance.

Koorosh Hajiani

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Koorosh,

- Please be sure the virtual com port and the actual UART on your board is which UART, about how

to check which port , you can refer to here How to use printf() to print string to UART in KDS3.0 + KSDK1.3  about the chapter 2->

Chapter 2 introduces how to check which UART port is used when use printf() to print string on the FRDM board and TOWER board .

- About this TWR-K64F120 board , if you want use the virtual com to print , please connect the 2-3 of J10 and also connect 2-3 of j15 .

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kooroshhajiani
Contributor III

Thank you Alice,

I have the hello world demo working on  TWR_K64f120 board.I can communicate over UART1  to the PC virtual com port using open SDA USB

For the next step I connected this board to TWR-SER2 board using primary/secondary TWR board.

My intension is to use the DB9 connector on SER2 board via  USB-COM jack to communicate to the PC over the serial port.

Now the Demo "Hello World" uses UART1 on the TWR_K64f120 board  however the connection between K64f120 and SER2 board via the TWR is:

Connect MCU’s UART1_RX to primary Elevator (A41)

Connect MCU’s UART1_RX to primary Elevator (A42)

Which are UART0 RX/TX pins.

Is it possible to connect UART1 pins of the TWR_K64F10 to the UART1 pins of the SER2  board?

My understanding is that the SER2 DB9 connector is wired to UART1 and  K64F120 UART1 goes either to open SDA virtual com port or the UART0 of the primary TWR.  

Do I NEED TO WRITE CODE FOR THE SER2 TO MIRROR UART0 TO UART1?

Regards,

Koorosh Hajiani

0 Kudos