mirror display in imx6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror display in imx6

adnanali
Contributor III

I am trying to get a mirrored display between the LVDS and HDMI.  ldb is mxcfb0 and hdmi is mxcfb1.

if i do not add video=mxcfb0:off in bootargs then the ldb shows up and there is nothing on the HDMI. In this case I can test HDMI by dumping some pixels onto the HDMI frame-buffer by using echo command ..like
echo "hello nxp community" > /dev/fb2.

If I add video=mxcfb0:off in the command line then the primary display is HDMI and there are no frambuffers for the LDB device.

I have already tried "Can I mirror a LVDS channel on HDMI? ​" but it did not prove any good.

Do i need to do something else to support a mirrored display between the two framebuffers ?

PS: ldb is using ipuID=1 displayID=0 ("overlayed") and HDMI is using ipu1 displayID=1.

Moreover what do these kernel parameters do "di0_primary ldb=di1"

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

adnanali
Contributor III

I need to find a solution to this problem ....kindly bring it to your attention ... Regards

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello adnan,

It seems that you are using Android system , right ?

For android BSP of i.MX6, mxcfb0 must be used. you can't make it off on command line of u-boot.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

adnanali
Contributor III

Nope. I am not using it for android. In the config file

# CONFIG_ANDROID is not set

0 Kudos

adnanali
Contributor III

I am using kernel 3.14 if that can help you in figuring out the problem. Found there is a lot of updates in ldb in this kernel version as compared to kernel 3.10.

0 Kudos