cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change keymap for an azerty USB keyboard

mathiasparnaude
Contributor III

Hi

I plugged an USB keyboard into the T1040RDB in order to use it standalone. I use a french (azerty) keyboard but by default, that works in qwerty.

Under Linux, I see no settings indicating the used keymap or locale.

I tried to use the command loadkeys but can't find keymaps files in the system (I looked at severa locations). So I imported some from my workstation but even if loadkeys returns successfully, I see no change when typing on the keyboard.

How can I add / change a working keymap? Is it possible to configure that once, to get the support of this azerty keyboard each time Linux is booted?

Is there an option to choose in Yocto? I checked and I already have recipes like kbd, keymap, ...

Thanks,

Mathias

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is keyboard enabled in SDK kernel menu?

See attached screenshots.

NXP SDK 1.9 contains keyboard driver. See the following file:

QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/build_t1040d4rdb/tmp/work/t1040d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/3.12-r0/git/drivers/hid/usbhid/usbkbd.c

Look at also the following page:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/320037

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mathiasparnaude
Contributor III

I thank you but unfortunately, that does not change anything if I set USB_KDB. Note that this config is mutually exclusive with USB_HID (that is recommended).

Look at the help of the USB_KBD config, that says:

Say Y here only if you are absolutely sure that you don't want
   to use the generic HID driver for your USB keyboard and prefer
   to use the keyboard in its limited Boot Protocol mode instead.

This is almost certainly not what you want.  This is mostly
   useful for embedded applications or simple keyboards.

Anyway, I tried both settings and the keyboard is always well probed and initialized as an input device. But no key mapping is applied, and the problem is there, this is really a matter of keymaps (and/or locale).

0 Kudos