Where do the "default" Freescale / NXP *.board files come from?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do the "default" Freescale / NXP *.board files come from?

rickstuart
Contributor V

In IAR Workbench, when the:

Options->Debugger->OverrideDefaultBoardFile

...check box is NOT checked, where does the "default" Freescale / NXP *.board file come from??

I ask because our PCB connects the Freescale NMI pin to a circuit to be controlled by the GPIO feature of the NMI pin.  However, there is no way to guarantee that circuit will "play nice" with the NMI pin before the application can turn off the NMI feature and turn on the GPIO feature.

So.... I have to turn OFF the NMI pin before the program even starts.  To do this I need to alter the *.board file.  (I have to do a few other things too because IAR was a bit skittish about letting ordinary souls change the NMI behavior - but that's beyond this question.)

I can probably use a copy of the *.board file I cobbled together 4 months ago, but I want to use a newest as possible copy of the *.board file.  So far, my guesses as to what the name of the "default" file have been fruitless.

FYI, I'm looking for a KL17 32K 32pin-QFN-package *.board file. It's most likely name is "FlashKLx732ROM.board".  But I haven't found that file in any of my Freescale directories.

-thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

rickstuart
Contributor V

Sorry sorry, my quest is still the same.  To turn off the KL17's NMI before program execution.  But I've put you on the wrong path!

The settings I'm interested in changing are in the "startup_MKL17Z4.s"  file.  We need to change the last 32 bits of the FlashConfig section of this file in order to turn off NMI even before the application code gets started.  (Again, there's more to it because IAR was a bit skittish about letting ordinary souls change the NMI behavior - but that's beyond this question.)

Now, the KSDK_Project_Generator.exe did create a "startup_MKL17Z4.s" file.  But it's not exactly correct w.r.t. setting the NMI.  Further, I don't think the extra effort to get around IAR "skittishness" has been employed by this "generated" project.

So, my question is the same - where does the original "startup_MKL17Z4.s" file come from.  There are many copies available to pick from.  Which appear to be for different SDKs. But the one "generated" copy does not match the similarly named file in the Freescale/.../iar directory.

-thanks

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rick,

The NXP has provided related the start up files for the differ IDEs in the ~Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices after you install the KSDK 1.3.0.

I'd highly recommend you to use these start up files.

About disable the NMI feature during the boot sequence, I think the my colleage Derek Snell had already illustrated the steps in this thread.

Re: Disabling NMI using the FOPT register (on KL17).
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos