MCR20A Stand-alone 2.4 GHz Wireless Transceiver IEEE® 802.15.4 Software is Live on freescale.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCR20A Stand-alone 2.4 GHz Wireless Transceiver IEEE® 802.15.4 Software is Live on freescale.com

TudorS_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Wireless Connectivity community members!

The MCR20A 2.4GHz stand-alone wireless transceiver IEEE®  802.15.4 software package for the FRDM-K64F + FRDM-CR20A and FRDM-KL46Z + FRDM-CR20A board setups just went live on freescale.com.

To download, please visit the "Download" tab of the MCR20A webpage (http://www.freescale.com/MCR20A) or click this direct download link.

The Freescale MCR20A IEEE® 802.15.4 Software Version 5.0.2 provides certified IEEE® 802.15.4 PHY/MAC enablement for the MCR20A wireless transceiver and associated demo applications running on Kinetis K64F and KL46Z microcontrollers. This release requires Kinetis SDK v1.1.0 to be previously installed. To download Kinetis SDK v1.1.0, please visit the corresponding download webpage.

For any additional information, please consult the release notes and the documentation include in the MCR20A IEEE® 802.15.4 Software installer package.

Happy coding!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

aaronledger
Contributor I

Hi TudorS.,

Perhaps this is a better place to ask my question that I posted in Kinetis group. In sort, I would like to know how to get a gcc compatible version of the stack.

0 Kudos

taodong
Contributor II

Hello,Tudors:

We have a plan to use 802.15.4 2.4G transceiver MCR20A,is it possible to use  802.15.4 software stack with our module though SPI communication to build our own ZigBee Pro Software stack?Hope for your reply?

0 Kudos

TudorS_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tao.

MCR20A is a wireless transceiver. To be able to use the 802.15.4 stack you need a Kinetis microcontroller to be connected via SPI to it and run the software stack. If you use the MAC layer API, you can implement any custom upper layer on the same microcontroller, including a ZigBee stack. The software offering contains support for the KL46Z and K64F Kinetis microcontrollers paired with the MCR20A transceiver. Using the Kinetis SDK you can port this support to any other Kinetis controller.

If you want to have the ZigBee stack on another microcontroller/microprocessor than the one running the MAC layer, I recommend you use the MKW24 wireless microcontroller instead as support for the IEEE 802.15.4 and connect via the FSCI serial protocol via a serial interface (UART, SPI, I2C).

Please let me know if you need more information.

0 Kudos

ignisuti_
Contributor IV

I'm looking for bare-metal examples of using the MCR20A with SMAC. Do these exists?

0 Kudos

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello Joe,

Bare-metal examples for MCR20A using SMAC will be available within the next couple of months. Please check for updates in our website then.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos