KBOOT and Application as a single build in KDS3.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KBOOT and Application as a single build in KDS3.0

thcooke77
Contributor III

I am wondering if anyone has been able to set up a project(s) that allow you to build and debug both the kboot debugger and an application together, much like a library in KDS? I have a j-link debugger.

I have read all of the posts on merging projects but most seem cumbersome in that you manually have to include binary files from one project to another, and you can only debug one or the other.

Thanks,

Terry Cooke

P.S.

I have looked at:

Merging applications using Kinetis Design Studio

Adapting KDS project for KBOOT flash resident bootloader

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Terry,

You can use the following gdb command to load additional symbol files when debugging:

add-symbol-file filename address

Example:

add-symbol-file C:\\Users\\b38285\\workspace.kds\\Application2\\Debug\\Application2.elf  0x0000a410

pastedImage_1.png

0x0000a410 is the origin of the m_text section of my second application.

pastedImage_6.png

Please notice that you need to have both applications previously programmed, you can flash both of them selecting additional .elf files when using the P&E connection:

pastedImage_0.png

Or following the methods described on the documents you already mentioned.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos