Using Infrared without using the UART in FRDM KE06z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Infrared without using the UART in FRDM KE06z?

jefersonip
Contributor III

Hello guys,

I have a doubt,

I want to read infrared signals in PT12-21C / TR8 sensor without using UART0, this is possible?

infrared_rx.jpg

I have read the signal in port PTA1 and using a control remote for generate a signal.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeferson IP Fidelis,

UART0 module in the KE06 can implement infrared functions, when use the UART0_RX as the infrared receive, it can tagged to FTM0 channel 1 or filtered by ACMP0 or ACMP1. module, then the UART0 can read the infrared data directly.

If you don't want to use the UART, of course you can, but you should write the according code to recognize the infrared received data by yourself.

For details, if is determined by which signal received by your sensor.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jefersonip
Contributor III

Hi Jingjing,

First, thank you for your attention and answer my question.

Come on...

Using the serial is possible to read any IR protocol?

A transmission as the image below would be possible to set the UART0 to interpret this data?

protocol_1.jpg

If yes, then

Can you give me an example?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeferson IP Fidelis,

As you know, the uart protocol is 1start bit+8bits data+1bit stop bit.

If your IR protocol is the same as the uart protocol, you can use the uart module to receive, but if it is not the same, you can't use the UART module directly.

From the wave which you give me, I find actually to the several bytes IR transfer, you just have one bit start and one bit stop bit to all the bytes, but to the uart protocol, it need to add the start and stop bit in each byte, so you can't use the UART module directly to receive this IR protocol.

About the picture's wave, you should use the code to design the function which can identify the IR protocol by yourself.

About the sample code, we just have the IR code which used the UART module, here I give you link for your reference:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-101130

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103784

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jefersonip
Contributor III

Hello Friend,

Thank you for your help,

their information was very useful, I will try to implement based on the information you gave me.

Once you have a new post.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeferson,

OK, you can try that method at first.

If you still have question, you can let me know!

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

0 Kudos