Error: Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target...

kyu_seobsong
Contributor I

Hi i'm Song and korean.

this year i participated the freescale cup in korea. and i took a board MPC5606, codewarrior setup CD, rappid, and so on...

i succeed setup these files and make a  codewarrior file covering rappid using CWPJmaker.

But, when i debug this file after build then there is an error like "Failed to resume target process. Downloading binary to target..."

and console 22024_22024.pngerror2.PNG.png

22025_22025.pngerror1.PNG.png

i searched in this community about the error and found some same ask and answer.

i followed these answer( check your Debug configuration, check your chip, change target communication speed) but the problem didn't solved yet.

22027_22027.pngerror3.PNG.png

22028_22028.pngerror4.PNG.png

22029_22029.pngerror5.PNG.png

here is my codewarrior file.

Because i'm not good at english, i think you would hard to read this writing. i'm sorry about that........

Thank.

Original Attachment has been moved to: practice_free.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lowpy
Contributor I

I realize my answer could be too late but I had the same problem. The reason in my case was that when the TRK-MPC5606B board has the MPC5606xBK variant of the microcontroller CW will not use the appropriate flashing algorithm. It will try to flash it like an MPC5606xB but without success.

The solution is to configure the debug configuration to use the right flash programming algorithm as described in this topic: Error message: flash programming error when programming MPC560xBK (TRK-MPC5606B) in CodeWarrior for ...

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tested your project with CodeWarrior v10.6 connected to TRK-MPC5606B, debug with the “practice_free_FLASH_PnE U-MultiLink” connection. It works well. See the attached screenshot.

OSJTAG.png

I use the OSJTAG on board in the debugging.

Please also switch to “practice_free_FLASH_PnE U-MultiLink” connection, and check whether OSJTAG driver is installed successfully.

Device manager.png

Below shows the Jumper settings on my board.

Jumper.jpg

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos