Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK22FN1M0AVLH12

Jump to solution
kentgu
Contributor III

Hi,

I try to use MK22FN1M0AVLH12, but I found there are no include, start, linker file for MK22FN1M0AVLH12 "x:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices". Could you please let me know where there are these configure files for MK22FN1M0AVLH12? May need flash configure file for MK22FN1M0AVLH12? If yes, please provide all the configure files. thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Kent

Labels (1)
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

There is a specific ksdk_platform_lib for this MCU part, this is located at: {KSDK_1_3_PATH}/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/K22FA12.

You can import this project, compile it and link your current application to this library. (Also, if you are using other libraries like USB, you should change them as well).

Once these libraries for K22FA12 are compiled, just link your application to this libraries (On project's properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross ARM C Compiler and Cross ARM C Linker options).

If you also defined the preprocessor CPU_MK22FN512xxx12 definition, replace it for CPU_MK22FN1M0AVLH12 on Preprocessor section.

If there is an error when compiling your application, then, there is a difference on your application that could cuse the problem (for example, using internal clock reference like IRC48M module that is not presented on MK22FN1M0AVLH12 part). Teorically, there should be no problem when migrating for this new part but if you get an error, please let me know it.

(Note: you can see this post for a quick view on difference between these two K22 chips: Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices )

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Isaac

View solution in original post

11 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

In fact, there is include file for MK22FN1M0AVLH12. This is located at: {KSDK_1_3_PATH}\platform\devices\MK22FA12\.

If you look at include folder and then open the MK22FA12.h header file, you will see that MK22FN1M0AVLH12 processor is listed in supported devices:

MK22FA12.jpg

I hope this can help you,

Best Regards,

Isaac

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kentgu
Contributor III

Hi Issac,

Thank you a lot for your reply!

yes, I found {KSDK_1_3_PATH}\platform\devices\MK22FA12}.

I have a further question. You know, before we developed MK22F51212 chip with FRDM-K22F, now I use MK22FN1M0AVLH12 because I want to use CAN bus for my application. Do you any simple manual to migrate the MK22F51212 to MK22FN1M0AVLH12, my understanding is that just a little configure change in KDS.

Best Regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
kentgu
Contributor III

Update..

Normally we we just change the "device, include, flash" setting, I know these. How about switch K22F512 platform library to K22F1M0 paltfrom library? So far it is key for me.

Libary.jpg

Best regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

There is a specific ksdk_platform_lib for this MCU part, this is located at: {KSDK_1_3_PATH}/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/K22FA12.

You can import this project, compile it and link your current application to this library. (Also, if you are using other libraries like USB, you should change them as well).

Once these libraries for K22FA12 are compiled, just link your application to this libraries (On project's properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross ARM C Compiler and Cross ARM C Linker options).

If you also defined the preprocessor CPU_MK22FN512xxx12 definition, replace it for CPU_MK22FN1M0AVLH12 on Preprocessor section.

If there is an error when compiling your application, then, there is a difference on your application that could cuse the problem (for example, using internal clock reference like IRC48M module that is not presented on MK22FN1M0AVLH12 part). Teorically, there should be no problem when migrating for this new part but if you get an error, please let me know it.

(Note: you can see this post for a quick view on difference between these two K22 chips: Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices )

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Isaac

kentgu
Contributor III

Hi Issac,

The above your information is very helpful. So far seems that I passed the compile for MK22FN1M0AVLH12 project.

Now I meet new question, is that I can't connect the MK22FN1M0AVLH12 with J-link emulator as attached file.DebugIssue.jpg,

I am sure the bare PCB circuit is right because the board can work with MK22FN512LVH12 with J-link emulator. I am not sure it is SW issue or MCU solder issue. So may you share MK22FN1M0AVLH12 project for me if you have?  Or you can know where wrong?

Best regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

Just to corroborate, this is the project for MK22FA12 MCU.

You need to unzip this folder into {KSDK_1_3_PATH}/examples. After this, the project should be linked with its proper libraries without problems, just be sure to compile the ksdk_platform_lib for K22FA12.

I hope this can help you!

Best Regards,

Isaac

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

I don't have any project for K22FA12 but i will try to create a new one although I am almost 99% sure that this is caused by a wrong connection configuration and/or hardware issues (soldering problem maybe) because it fails when communication with MCU is given.

Please check again your connection and hardware settings as well.

Best regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
kentgu
Contributor III

Hi Isaac,

Yes, you are right. The project that you sent doesn't work.

Also I notice 2 strange thing:

#1, Rest signal is not high when work, it is a triangle wave as picture. I don't know why this? I used R=10k, C=1uf, RC circuit for reset.

#2, Also when connect JTAG, it report clock is 0.

Best regards,reset.jpg

Kent

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

what do you mean with "project does not work", are you able to program the board and it does not do anything or even using my project you cannot program the MCU?

I will try to check your symptoms and see what the problem could be.

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
kentgu
Contributor III

HI Issac,

Sorry for your above describe.

#1, Your project does work

#2, The board can work now after I re-solder another MUC.

Thanks l lot for your help in these days. Your help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kent,

I only took FRDM-K22's hello world example for this project and linked to proper libraries, so theoretically it should work, however, i didn't pay much attention to clock settings and other peripherals used, this could be causing the issue. (We could debug the program but unfortunately, i do not have a MK22FA12-based board) sorry for this inconvenience.

About your main issue, I'm glad you could finally solve it. We were right about hardware settings rather than software.

If any other problem comes out please let me know it!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos