Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL does not boot.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have a question about i.MX6SDL boot.

Our partner made i.MX6DL based custom board.

However, all of them have been not bootded from SD card yet.

Actually, SD card clock was not output with BOO_MODE[1:0]=10b, and cannot connect JTAG ICE.

In addition, the boards were not enter to serial downloader mode even if BOOT_MODE[1:0] is set to 01b.

Any advice what should we confirm to find the root cause?

For your information, the partner don't use MMPF0100, and we have checked the following items are OK.

- Power supply voltage.

- Power sequence.

- POR_B release timing (ERR007926)

- BOOT_MODE[1:0] pull-up/pull-down

- 32kHz and 24MHz oscillating

- BOOT_CFG pins for SD card boot (BOOT_CFG1, BOOT_CFG2, BOOT_CFG4[7] are set appropriate, and other BOOT_CFGx are floating)

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please create SR / case and attach the schematic to review.

1)    Please open www.nxp.com

2)    On the top level menu, select Support > Sales and Support (http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME).

3)    On the bottom of the page, select Hardware & Software.

4)    Register with your business email to access the technical NXP online support.

5)    A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the embedded link to verify your access.

6)    On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please create SR / case and attach the schematic to review.

1)    Please open www.nxp.com

2)    On the top level menu, select Support > Sales and Support (http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME).

3)    On the bottom of the page, select Hardware & Software.

4)    Register with your business email to access the technical NXP online support.

5)    A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the embedded link to verify your access.

6)    On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
robertwood
Contributor I

We are having a similar problem. Except for the IO voltages not being delayed, as they are on the SABER development board, everything appears normal but no SD3 boot, although the configuration register  SBMR1 shows correct boot configuration.

From JTAG debug, I can see the processor looping on a test in a register. If I force that register to be non-zero, then I see the SPI clock set low (although still no boot).

0 Kudos