BSP MK10DN512

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP MK10DN512

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I'm making a custom BSP for the MK10DN512VLL10, and running into problems with ethernet and USB from the K60.  Namely, it's complaining about ethernet definitions that don't exist in the K10.  I found another thread on here about the MK10, and the example showed using the BSP for the MK20 as a starting point.  Which BSP do I start with then?  The K60 or K20?  The BSP porting guide calls out using the twrk60D100m as the starting BSP for this part.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David,

In order to build a new BSP and PSP it is necessary:

1. Select a BSP and PSP that already exist. It is very important that you consider the features and the core frequency; these should be very similar to the custom board. For example, if you want to create a BSP and PSP for a K20dx256z (100MHz) it is necessary to select the BSP and PSP for the twrk40x256 because the features and core frequency between both processors (k40 and k20) and the boards are very close. In your case you need to use the twrk60D100m.
  2. Use the BSP Cloning Wizard tool to clone the libraries. After that, follow the steps (only follow the steps don't use the same device) from the next thread Creating MQX 4.0 BSP for K10

3. Another important thing is select an existing BSP for the same pin version.

For example TWR-K60N512 144 pin version. MK60DZ10.h header file

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_x\mqx\source\psp\cortex_m\cpu\MK60DZ10.h

covers also MK60DN256ZVLL10 device, in terms of memory map.

4.Mapping of functions to pins is specified in the BSP source file init_gpio.c:

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_x\mqx\source\bsp\${CLONE_BSP_NAME}\init_gpio.c

5.Less flash memory size is to be modified in the linker command file. The location of the linker file is at
    c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\source\bsp\<platform>\cw\*.lcf.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thank you, Sol.  I had seen that same thread, but I was puzzled because it looked like they had started with the twrk20d72m bsp.  I was able to make a k10 BSP for our board starting with the twrk60d100m bsp, and MQX is running.  Thanks!

0 Kudos