MySQL Client library / Conversion tool / Utility compatible to use with MQX OS of Freescale's development software..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Client library / Conversion tool / Utility compatible to use with MQX OS of Freescale's development software..

Jump to solution
dineshsonagra
Contributor III

For our new development, we are planning to use Freescale's Kinetis K60 processor with software development tool as Code Warrior V10.6 and MQX OS V4.2.

With our embedded hardware control card, we want to generate MySQL data record in the control card and to store the same on NAS drive connected with the system. MySQL server will be running on NAS.

We are looking for MySQL Client library / Conversion tool / Utility compatible to use with MQX OS of Freescale's development software to generate MySQL data base using our control card.

If any one have such product / tool / Utility to work with above requirement, please send contact - technical details for the same.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dinesh,

a database could be as simple as a text file with different values separated by tabs. You can create a very very simple data base manager as a task in MQX, but definitely MQX is not an OS that will support even the simplest functionality of MySQL just because it is not possible to install MySQL on a microcontroller that runs an RTOS. As I said before, you must program each task that an RTOS will execute. A good analogy is next:

- In Windows, Linux or MAC you can double click the text editor to open many instances of the text editor task.

- In MQX you can use the function _task_create(0,TASK_INDEX, 0) to open many instances of a task that opens a text file, edit it, and save it.

In the following link you will find an example of a very simple database manager using FAT-FS

FatFs + SDHC data logger with KSDK in Kinetis Design Studio

I strongly recommend to take a look to the following tutorials to get acquainted with MQX RTOS

Training Class: MQX RTOS v4.1 Basics Training for MQX Beginners

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dinesh,

actually MQX is not an OS, it is a RTOS (Real Time Operating System) and it is not as robust as an OS for general purpose systems such as Linux, Windows or Mac.

MQX will run small tasks that you define in your code, but it will never run a task such as MySQL client. This kind of tasks will only run in robust Operating Systems.

What you can do is to create a task that communicates through Ethernet with a HTTP Server to get/post the information you need for the SQL Server here.

Best regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dineshsonagra
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

In continuation to my earlier reply dated 25 Nov 2015, We have noted your views about MQX as small RTOS.

Actually, we do not need full featured MySQL Client on K60 hardware board. We need to work with limited functions like database open, append record and Close database, rest of functions are not required for our application. Is this much functionality possible ? If yes, please suggest the possible way / steps / example / charts...

regds,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dinesh,

a database could be as simple as a text file with different values separated by tabs. You can create a very very simple data base manager as a task in MQX, but definitely MQX is not an OS that will support even the simplest functionality of MySQL just because it is not possible to install MySQL on a microcontroller that runs an RTOS. As I said before, you must program each task that an RTOS will execute. A good analogy is next:

- In Windows, Linux or MAC you can double click the text editor to open many instances of the text editor task.

- In MQX you can use the function _task_create(0,TASK_INDEX, 0) to open many instances of a task that opens a text file, edit it, and save it.

In the following link you will find an example of a very simple database manager using FAT-FS

FatFs + SDHC data logger with KSDK in Kinetis Design Studio

I strongly recommend to take a look to the following tutorials to get acquainted with MQX RTOS

Training Class: MQX RTOS v4.1 Basics Training for MQX Beginners

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Carlos

0 Kudos
dineshsonagra
Contributor III

Hi carlos,

Thanks...

regds,

Dinesh..

To: Dinesh Sonagra <rnd.himson@yahoo.co.in>

Sent: Saturday, 28 November 2015 3:08 AM

Subject: Re: - MySQL Client library / Conversion tool / Utility compatible to use with MQX OS of Freescale's development software..

|

|

reply from Carlos_Musich in MQX Software Solutions - View the full discussionHi Dinesh, a database could be as simple as a text file with different values separated by tabs. You can create a very very simple data base manager as a task in MQX, but definitely MQX is not an OS that will support even the simplest functionality of MySQL just because it is not possible to install MySQL on a microcontroller that runs an RTOS. As I said before, you must program each task that an RTOS will execute. A good analogy is next: - In Windows, Linux or MAC you can double click the text editor to open many instances of the text editor task.- In MQX you can use the function taskcreate(0,TASK_INDEX, 0) to open many instances of a task that opens a text file, edit it, and save it. In the following link you will find an example of a very simple database manager using FAT-FSFatFs + SDHC data logger with KSDK in Kinetis Design Studio I strongly recommend to take a look to the following tutorials to get acquainted with MQX RTOSTraining Class: MQX RTOS v4.1 Basics Training for MQX Beginners I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Carlos 

0 Kudos
dineshsonagra
Contributor III

Dear Carlos,

Thanks..

It will be helpful to our development team if you can send us more details / example / flow charts for this..

regds,

Dinesh

0 Kudos