Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX28 RTC backup

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I would like to ask about RTC backup of i.MX28.

In i.MX28 reference manual, it is said as below.

“The RTC can continue to count time as long as a voltage is applied to the BATT pin…”

And i.MX28 datasheet says that BATT and the minimum voltage of DCDC_BATT pins is 3.1V.

I read the following discussion in i.MX community but please let me clarify about that again.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/307350

Can I understand that BATT and DCDC_BATT pins have to be fed 3.1V at least for keeping internal RTC alive?

If any other concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

for keeping RTC sufficient only voltage applied to the BATT pin.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

for keeping RTC sufficient only voltage applied to the BATT pin.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos