cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RTCS on K24 with KDSK 1.3.0 for PPP over serial

Jump to solution
gsosnow
Contributor II

I'm using Kinetis MK24FN1M0CAJ12R with KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.3.0 on a custom board with MQX_KDSK support.

Previously, I was using traditional MQX 4.1.0 and trying to migrate over to KSDK 1.3.0, there are a lot of differences. :-)

In MQX 4.1.0 I was using RTCS to communicate via PPP over serial port.

I'm trying to do the same thing with KSDK 1.3.0, however I'm having trouble getting the RTCS library to compile with my project, since there is a heavy dependency on phy and ethernet driver, which my processor does not have (in files fsl_enet_rtcs_adapter.c and .h).

I tried adding the Enet driver and Phy driver code anyway, but Processor Expert rightly complains that my processor doesn't have an ethernet device.

So, I'm stuck at this point, seeming that only option is to modify the RTCS library to take out Ethernet Driver dependencies which seems like a daunting task that could easily go down a rat hole.

My question is, are there any options in using RTCS for this purpose in KDSK 1.3.0 either by configuring/modifying the RTCS library (building without fsl_enet_rtcs_adapter.c and .h), forcing Ethernet driver into Processor Expert, or anything else?

An alternative, would be to use lwip instead of RTCS, however I'm not sure if lwip does not have this dependency as well for having an Ethernet driver. I notice it uses the phy and ethernet drivers in ethernetif.c and lwip_fsl_irq.c.

Thanks,

George

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Novalis
Contributor III

Hello,

I think you won't be able to use PPP in KSDK MQX -  see reply on my post Re: how to update SDK 1.3 MQX from classic MQX 4.2?  -   .... requires RTCS+PPP, which has not been ported to NIO ....

also few first lines of  ppp.c  don't look very good :smileysad:

#if RTCSCFG_ENABLE_PPP && PLATFORM_SDK_ENABLED

#error "PPP is not supported. RTCSCFG_ENABLE_PPP shall be set to FALSE."

#endif

I was hoping that I will be able to port  GPRS example from classi MQX to KDS, but I think it won't be so easy if ppp is not supported in KSDK yet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Novalis
Contributor III

Hello,

I think you won't be able to use PPP in KSDK MQX -  see reply on my post Re: how to update SDK 1.3 MQX from classic MQX 4.2?  -   .... requires RTCS+PPP, which has not been ported to NIO ....

also few first lines of  ppp.c  don't look very good :smileysad:

#if RTCSCFG_ENABLE_PPP && PLATFORM_SDK_ENABLED

#error "PPP is not supported. RTCSCFG_ENABLE_PPP shall be set to FALSE."

#endif

I was hoping that I will be able to port  GPRS example from classi MQX to KDS, but I think it won't be so easy if ppp is not supported in KSDK yet

0 Kudos