cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the valid combinations of EEPROM size and FlexNVM partition

Jump to solution
iainrist
Contributor I

I am working on a MK10DX128VFT5. I have read the reference manual concerning the EEESIZE and DEPART fields. There is no mention in the reference manual K10P48M50SF0RM or in the EEPROM application note AN4282 of any disallowed combinations of EEESIZE and DEPART.

However, when I use Processor Expert to set up the linker file for my application, Processor Expert disallows certain combinations (2kB EEPROM and 16kB FlexNVM for example). Why is this? Does Processor Expert know of some undocumented restrictions on the combinations of EEESIZE and DEPART? If not all combinations of EEESIZE and DEPART are valid, where can I find information on the valid set?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There has a requirement about the ratio (EEPROM backup size/EEPROM size) must be 16 or greater.

That's why when you config the EEPROM size to 2KB, you must config the EEPROM backup size to 32KB.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Iain,

In addition to what my colleague Hui said, you might find very useful the following post: Re: Re: EESPLIT Bits

Hope that helps,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There has a requirement about the ratio (EEPROM backup size/EEPROM size) must be 16 or greater.

That's why when you config the EEPROM size to 2KB, you must config the EEPROM backup size to 32KB.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
iainrist
Contributor I

I have re-read the reference manual and found the section that describes this requirement at 28.4.2.2, point 3. I must have missed that one.

Thanks

0 Kudos