new to kds and c programming and processor expert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to kds and c programming and processor expert

jamescassese
Contributor I

I've programmed in PIC Assembly and am now tasked with programming a twr-k53 board in C.  Very lost.  I've written a C program to blink both LEDs apart from each other.  How do I print "hello world" to the LCD?  I saw one program that included common.h and twrpi_slcd.h files.  How do I add them to my project?  I really need an overview on how all these files,kds, PE, etc. work together.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jim

- In kds , it is easy to add one file ,you can direct drag it to your project of KDS view.

- About use the KDS ,you can refer to the DOC of " Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\doc\KDS_Users_Guide.pdf" , this is under the KDS

installation .

- There are video about how to install and use KDS PE KSDK :

Video Link : 3281

int the website , you can find :

pastedImage_1.png

- And about the KDS question , please ask here :Kinetis Design Studio  or it hard checked out your question , thank !

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos

jamescassese
Contributor I

Alice: Thank you for your responses to my inquiries. I'm able to blink both LEDs and use an interrupt. I'm getting familiar with KDS and find it easier to work with as I go. I'm wanting to write "hello world" or other text to the LCD that comes with the TWR-K53 Module. I've tried some examples from online sources, but I get nothing printed to the LCD. I'm not a programmer, but am required to complete a project using KDS with the K53 tower. How do I simply do this? How do the pieces fit together? What files do I need to initialize the LCD? I saw an example from Erich Stuyger which I tried to follow completely (he used a K40 board). Any ideas? Jim C. - Freescale Beginner (to say the least)

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello James,

- In the KSDK, there is the driver for SLCD (under the KSDK installation directory) :

Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\drivers\src\slcd

- I think you can refer to here , there is sample code :

Help control TWRPI-SLCD 

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

jamescassese
Contributor I

Alice:Thanks again for the tips. I'll check them out and let you know. Jim

0 Kudos

jamescassese
Contributor I

I have yet to receive a reply. Am I in the proper forum? I've read forums as a guest, but never entered any information. Do you have training videos? Thanks.Jim C.

0 Kudos