When will KSDK 1.3 be available for KE series?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will KSDK 1.3 be available for KE series?

kmingk
Contributor I

It seems KDS 3.0 and KSDK 1.3 don't support the KE06Z FRDM board.  When will there be support?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kei-Ming Kwong,

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately I don´t see official support for KE06Z board.

I save your contact, I will keep you informed in case of any change.

But - according to this source code in fsl_device_registers.h snipped:

#elif (defined(CPU_MKE06Z128VLD4) || defined(CPU_MKE06Z64VLD4) || defined(CPU_MKE06Z128VLK4) || \

defined(CPU_MKE06Z64VLK4) || defined(CPU_MKE06Z128VQH4) || defined(CPU_MKE06Z64VQH4) || \

defined(CPU_MKE06Z128VLH4) || defined(CPU_MKE06Z64VLH4))

#define KE06Z4_SERIES

/* CMSIS-style register definitions */

#include "MKE06Z4/include/MKE06Z4.h"

/* Extension register definitions */

#include "MKE06Z4/include/MKE06Z4_extension.h"

/* CPU specific feature definitions */

#include "MKE06Z4/include/MKE06Z4_features.h"

It is not written in Release Note, it is not tested, but you can try it.

Please, give me short time, I will prepare you more detailed explanation.

Have a great day,

Iva

0 Kudos

kmingk
Contributor I

Sorry, I made a typo, I only have KSDK 1.2, but are you saying that fix

will work for if I have KSDK 1.2?

Is there a plan to officially support the KE series on KDS?

Thanks for the quick reply!

On Sep 22, 2015 9:00 AM, "ivadorazinova" <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

No. There is no support for KSDK 1.2 neither for coming KSDK 1.3.

I´m going to post it in few days.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

mstroven
Contributor III

My company has taken the direction to move entirely to Kinetis MCU's and KDS 3.0 development.  We were not aware that only a subset of the family is supported by PEx and the SDK.  At it's price point, I have to imagine that the KE0x are one of the biggest sellers (and also much simpler to implement the SDK for since they don't offer as much pin-muxing capability...)  Can you give us a roadmap for when the KE and KEA parts will be supported by the SDK?

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately there is no plan to support Kinetis E/EA, since those are Kinetis at 5 V and the peripheral set is totally different to the rest of Kinetis devices (Is the same as our 8 bits family, S08PA/PT), that's the reason why it's not supported.

But they are supported by PEx and you can still use LDD components to intialize and configure peripherals.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos

mstroven
Contributor III

It seems there are some lingering bugs with the PEx implementation for these parts.  It's as though Freescale is treating the E and EA parts as the "ugly step-children" of the kinetis series.   That is disturbing, since we chose these parts specifically because of the common peripherals from the the 08 and 12 series micros...

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

Those are automotive cerified microcontrollers, widely used in appliance, noise environments and safety motor control applications. Believe me when I say they are not "ugly-step-children". They do not share the same enablement as the rest of the Kinetis family, mainly to be compatible with the S08P and share the same peripherals (which have been used for more than a decade, so those are very stable and tested peripherals also).

What do you mean by "some lingering bugs"? If you detect a bug, you can report it, but I have several customers working with KE02/04/06 for more than a year now without any issue.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos

mstroven
Contributor III

I'm not saying the KE0x aren't reliable.  I'm saying that processor expert does not seem to have received the same level of testing on these parts it has with the more modern parts.  Here is a link to an issue I ran into regarding initialization of the SPI block: How to control a SPI(SynchroMaster) CS pin directly?

Here is an issue from just a few months prior related to writing internal flash via the FLASH1_SetByteFlash() function: PEx IntFlashLdd1_Write with byte-wide values is overwriting adjacent bytes.  I don't have these issues with PEx on K10 or K20 parts...

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

Sorry that you've found those two issues, but PEx team is testing all the platforms with the same test plans and procedures.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos