Adding VPU firmware in the filesystem using Yocto.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding VPU firmware in the filesystem using Yocto.

kravik
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have built Kernel(2.6.35-3) and filesystem using yocto(fido) for IMX.53 Evk board. By default VPU firmware is not placed in the file system.

I could see "meta-fsl-arm/recipes-bsp/firmware-imx/firmware-imx_3.14.28-1.0.0.bb" file related to the firmware, but firmware is not placed in the filesystem.

Can you please help on the following.

1) How to check whether the above bb file is taken while building using bitbake. If not taken the above bb file, then why?

2) From the versio no "3.14.28" in the bb file name, I thought it will be considered only for 3.14.28 kernel, so I duplicated the same bb file with different name(firmware-imx_2.6.35.3-1.0.0.bb), but it is not taking the newly created bb file when I execute "bitbake core-image-minimal". Can you tell me what modification I have to do for building VPU firmware using yocto.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ravi Kumar,

Just for reference, I'm adding your other thread regarding this topic as the same recommendation on following up the mailing list for information regarding to the VPU support on i.MX53 may also apply in this case:

Re: Building VPU and gstreamer using Yocto for IMX53

I believe there were some modifications on how the firmware is managed. Have you tried adding it as a variable on the local.conf file?

MACHINE_FIRMWARE_append_mx53 = " firmware-imx-vpu-imx53"

0 Kudos

kravik
Contributor IV

I have build "fsl-image-gui" using "bitbake fsl-image-gui",  it built multimedia image which has gstreamer, VPU also and it worked.

Thanks for the info. Inaddition I have refered  https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94914 also.