Problems with syntax coloring (assembly language S12(X) files)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with syntax coloring (assembly language S12(X) files)?

Jump to solution
kurt_l
Contributor II

I have a project that is mostly S12X assembly language.  We compile it with Codewarrior 5.9 IDE, and the underlying development studio version for S12(X) is 5.1, build 10221. Some of the assembly language source files show up with syntax coloring, and a few don't, which drives me a little bit crazy.  Both types of files have file ending suffixes of .asm; I can't seem to figure out why one file shows up with all the keywords and comments colored nicely, while the other one is all black.  Can anyone suggest a reason why some files don't have syntax coloring active?  By the way, for a given file the coloring or non-coloring is consistent all the time - it isn't like you open the file one time and it is syntax-colored and another time it is black.  Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kurt_l
Contributor II

OK, after digging around some more I was able to answer my own question... it turns out, there is an icon at the top of each source window for Document Settings... click on that, and you have options for file format and syntax coloring.  It's the fourth icon from the left, the one that looks like a piece of paper with a checkbox list.  Here is the thread that pointed out this feature:

Re: Color Syntaxe for ASM code

I have no idea why some of our source files had this turned on, and others did not.  I have turned on the feature for all the files that lacked it, and life is good.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kurt_l
Contributor II

OK, after digging around some more I was able to answer my own question... it turns out, there is an icon at the top of each source window for Document Settings... click on that, and you have options for file format and syntax coloring.  It's the fourth icon from the left, the one that looks like a piece of paper with a checkbox list.  Here is the thread that pointed out this feature:

Re: Color Syntaxe for ASM code

I have no idea why some of our source files had this turned on, and others did not.  I have turned on the feature for all the files that lacked it, and life is good.