MIPI camera problem on SabreLite using LTIB (L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI camera problem on SabreLite using LTIB (L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source)

Jump to solution
raymondman
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to develop a a driver for a OV mipi camera. Before that, I do an experiment to check the signals of ov5640 mipi camera. <FSL gnome release packages> is selected to build the image files. Then I run

1) modprobe mxc_v4l2_capture

2) modprobe /lib/modules/3.0.35-2666-gbdde708/kernel/drivers/media/video/mxc/capture/ov5640_camera_mipi.ko

3) gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 ! vpuenc ! fakesink &

I can see the clock and data signals of I2C but MCLK (produced by PWM3) is absent. Thus, there is no response from the sensor.

I also run Dizzy/Yocto image files (core-image-sato-nitrogen6x-20141107205431.rootfs.sdcard.gz downloaded from https://boundarydevices.com/dizzy-release-yocto/). Run the same commands and PWM3 does produce 22MHz clock signal.

Can anyone drop me some hints?

Thanks a lot!

Ray

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raymond

FSL Ltib BSP releases are tested only for Freescale reference boards, for

boundary devices boards it is recommended to use

boundarydevices/linux-imx6 at boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 · GitHub

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi raymond

FSL Ltib BSP releases are tested only for Freescale reference boards, for

boundary devices boards it is recommended to use

boundarydevices/linux-imx6 at boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 · GitHub

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
raymondman
Contributor II

Hi igor,

Thanks for pointing me to the correct kernel. The kernel in the LTIB source does not configure PWM.

I have some more questions about porting OV8865 sensor.

1) The application note provides register settings of 24MHz MCLK, but the platform generates 22MHz because the clock source is 66MHz.

pwm_config: pwm freq = 22000000, clk_select=1 clock_rate=66000000

Could I change the clock to 24MHz by changing the clock source or something else?

Meanwhile, we are also asking the OV FAE to advise the register settings of 22MHz MCLK.

2. The OV8865 produces 10-bit raw RGB data.

In the following thread,

i.MX6 OV5647 Bayer sensor driver (ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0) 

ilkodossev​ stated that

The only Bayer-related FOURCCs which the IPU Capture Driver would recognize are

#define IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC fourcc('I', 'P', 'U', '0') /*!< IPU Generic Data */

#define IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC_32 fourcc('I', 'P', 'U', '1') /*!< IPU Generic Data */

#define IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC_16 fourcc('I', 'P', 'U', '2') /*!< IPU Generic Data */

Formats "V4L2_PIX_FMT_SBGGR10" or "V4L2_PIX_FMT_SBGGR16" are not going to work.

While the Table 37-2, <Data Formats Supported by the Camera Port>, on p.2722, reference manual, it seems that Bayer RGB 10 bits is supported.

Could you please advise whether it's IPU or the software driver not supporting this format?

In case it can be supported, could you advise the guideline to modify the driver to support this format?

If not, do you know I can use V4L2_PIX_FMT_SBGGR8 bayer if I can set OV8865 to 8-bit output format?

Thanks a lot!

Ray

0 Kudos
raymondman
Contributor II

Hi,

It seems I ask a wrong question on raw sensor data. There are plenty of discussion on storing generic sensor data like

Can imx6 support for RGB RAW camera?

i.MX6 OV5647 Bayer sensor driver (ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0)

0 Kudos