cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx53 Moving VSYNC, HSYNC, DE signals?

Jump to solution
dustinwestaby
Contributor II

I have my display working on the imx53 quickstart board. I used example code from the 'on-board diagnostic suite' to bring up the display.  However, I am transitioning to new hardware and need to move these three pins.

New Pins           Old Pins

HSYNC on K1    DIO_PIN2 on D3

VSYNC on J1     DIO_PIN3 on C2

DE on L1            DIO_PIN15 on E4

Searched the forums and found this is a common question, but I've never seen pins outside of the ipu's normal mux used.

I have a rough idea what needs to be done, I need to update my ipu_di.c / di_config() function and enable timers linked to the new pins.   What I can't figure out is the exact registers to set.

Is there a document that links the IPU_DI0_DW_GEN_i registers to IO pins?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dustinwestaby
Contributor II

After playing around with this for a few weeks, I can say these are the only pin options available for VSYNC, HSYNC, and DE.  They can be used in any order.

• DI0_PIN15
  • DI0_PIN2
  • DI0_PIN3
  • DI0_PIN4

Moving the pins is as simple as muxing them to the IPU module, then swapping the waveform numbers around in the di_config.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dustin

one can look at example for moving sync signals to other pins

Re: i.MX53: How to move VGA external HSYNC and VSYNC signals to different pins?

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
dustinwestaby
Contributor II

What are my possible pin options for moving the signals?  I still can't find any supporting documentation.

0 Kudos
dustinwestaby
Contributor II

After playing around with this for a few weeks, I can say these are the only pin options available for VSYNC, HSYNC, and DE.  They can be used in any order.

• DI0_PIN15
  • DI0_PIN2
  • DI0_PIN3
  • DI0_PIN4

Moving the pins is as simple as muxing them to the IPU module, then swapping the waveform numbers around in the di_config.

0 Kudos