Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 HDMI_HPD pin not detected

Jump to solution
zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi all,

Currently i facing problem where i cannot get the HPD interrupt.

I checked the hardware signal, when plugged in, the HPD pin is HI, and when plugged out, the HPD pin is LO.

However, kernel does not goes in to irq routine mxc_hdmi_hotplug, and also not going in to hotplug_worker at all.

Any idea why is this happening? i am using kernel BSP 3.0.101.

Regards,

ZC

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Found the problem. The board does not connect the HDMI_VP and HDMI_VPH to the correct voltage. The HDMI core does not power up at all.

Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

Regards,

ZC

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI ZC

one can look at links discussing about HDMI_HPD detection

https://community.freescale.com/thread/327503  

https://community.freescale.com/thread/326283

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

The links above describe the basic functional of the HPD pin, as well as another problem from an user who gets the interrupt infinitely.

However, in my case, i do not get the interrupt at all. Therefore I think my problem is different from him.

I had tried to connected directly the HDMI connector's HPD pin and i.mx6's HDMI_HPD pin, but still no luck. HPD interrupt still not detected by the kernel.

I am using a Philips Monitor. Monitor is confirmed to be working as i can connect it to my PC and it shows.

Regards,

ZC

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI ZC

could you check HDMI_PHY_STAT0 bit HPD ?

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Found the problem. The board does not connect the HDMI_VP and HDMI_VPH to the correct voltage. The HDMI core does not power up at all.

Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

Regards,

ZC

0 Kudos
zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

HDMI_PHY_STAT0 and HDMI_IH_PHY_STAT0 both read as 0x00 regardless HDMI cable is plugged in or out.

Regards,

ZC

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI ZC

what board are you using, could you check on Sabre board ?

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos
zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I am using our custom board. I will check on sabre board when i got some time later on. Now proceed with other task already.

0 Kudos