Does System Oscillator have to be used (with PEx) when cloning and modifying a BSP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does System Oscillator have to be used (with PEx) when cloning and modifying a BSP?

louiemoye
Contributor III

I started with the TWRK70F120M BSP, cloned the BSP and PSP, and made clock modifications for my platform specific requirements.  Then I created a new MQX 4.1 project, used the USBD-CDC example project based on my new BSP.  I get everything compiled and deployed, however, when I attempt to pause when debugging I get a GDI Protocol error, Stop Failed.  Any ideas?

I noticed that in PEx, I cannot select System Oscillator 1 for MCG external ref. clock source in my Clock Source Setting 0.  So my question next is: Does PEx with MQX, USBD, on the BSP I chose require OSC0 as the MCG external ref. clock source?  I cannot seem to select OSC1 even though it's enabled and OSC0 is disabled. 

The TWRK70F120M Tower platform uses a 50MHz oscillator for the clock on Oscillator 0 input.  Our platform uses only the 12MHz clock input to Oscillator 1, and no input to Oscillator 0.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Louie Moye:

Please find this question answered in a couple other threads:

Re: Does it work to use only OSC1 for K70?

Re: USB Unknown Device Error

So, in short: you cannot run in PEE mode only with a 12 Mhz input on OSC1. You temporarily need RTC or OSC0.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

louiemoye
Contributor III

Thanks - I was able to get my BSP working on my board.

0 Kudos