cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bootloader code for FRDMK64 without OPENSDAV2

sudhakarp
Contributor V

Hi,

i am using KDS 2.0 IDE and KSDK 1.1.0. i want bootloader code for FRDMK64 without openSDA. using bootloader code i want to program

throught seial(UART). if someone give example code its useful to me.and also can you explain bootloader code starting address

and application starting address etc., and also which condition it will execute bootloader code and which condition it will jump to application code.

this one will helpful to everyone.

regards,

sudhakar p

3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello sudhakar p,

Please check the below threads an let me know if this helps.

Bootloader for Kinetis K64 MCU

Bootloader for Kinetis K64 (Cortex M4)

Kinetis K60 Bootloader & JTAG reference

Kinetis Boot Loader for SREC UART, SD Card and USB-MSD loading

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi,

i added more information here,

my requirement detail:

when power on condition its should enter into bootloader code. there it should check any SPACE bar characted pressed if pressed it should collect .elf or.bin file data(Application code) throught UART and it should update application code. we cant keep all application code into RAM. so for that we can store all data into External flash. after that we can write that data into internal flash. actually i planned this way. so i need bootloader code like this way.

steps:

1)checking SPACE bar character from UART side

2)if got collecting .elf file and store that data into external flash through SPI communication

3)after program that data into internal flash. and then Restart the board

4)if SPACE bar character not pressed it should jump to application code.

can you give example code for this requirement related?

thanks and regards,

sudhakar p

0 Kudos

sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi soledad,

i gone through above link. but there am not getting any source code for UART bootloader. there they are providing ready mate boot loader code. its also fine.

but depends on my requirement that code wont be work. actually i want to program application code through UART/ETHERNET using bootloader code. but while programming i dnt want to erase 0xFA000 to 0XFD000 because that place am storing my configuration parameter values. after loading new firmware i will take that value from 0xFA000.

so can you give some solution for this..? you can suggest some other easy way also. actually i want to upgrade my application code program without affecting already configured parameter at location 0xFA000-0xFD000.(Like from VER-0.1 to VER-0.2). because i am giving facility to configure IP address, gate way like etc., so user dnt want to configure this things again and again.

thanks and regards,

sudhakar p

0 Kudos