cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Debugger hangs in startup_MK60D10.S, line "b     DefaultISR"

Jump to solution
rolffreitag
Contributor III

I want to start a project with LED toggling and could build the PE Code and binary files without errors/warning.

But when i start the debugger the main() never gets reached. The debugger shows that the processor hangs in startup_MK60D10.S, line "b    DefaultISR".

What may be the reason?

Is the hardware damaged or misconfigured and it yes, how can i find the error(s)?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf Freitag:

By reading your other post  it is clear that your project is targeted for an old silicon mask revision of K60_100 MHz and that is the cause of the code getting stuck in DefaultISR. To have a better understanding of this give a check to the next application note:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4445.pdf

In short, the enablement for MK60DN256VLL10 is not transparent/suitable for the MK60DN256ZVLL10. You may try to tweak the libraries and startup code, but that might be a major effort. Instead, I recommend you one of these approaches:

1) Get samples or a batch of the latest silicon for MK60DN256VLL10.

2) Create a project for MK60DN256ZVLL10:

pastedImage_1.png

In the next window you can select "Processor Expert" or not, just notice that KSDK will be disabled.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

5 Replies
brunoalmeida
Contributor I

This happened to me as well, but in my case, I was trying to set GPIO in a pin of PORTC, but the clock of PORTC was not enabled...

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf Freitag:

By reading your other post  it is clear that your project is targeted for an old silicon mask revision of K60_100 MHz and that is the cause of the code getting stuck in DefaultISR. To have a better understanding of this give a check to the next application note:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4445.pdf

In short, the enablement for MK60DN256VLL10 is not transparent/suitable for the MK60DN256ZVLL10. You may try to tweak the libraries and startup code, but that might be a major effort. Instead, I recommend you one of these approaches:

1) Get samples or a batch of the latest silicon for MK60DN256VLL10.

2) Create a project for MK60DN256ZVLL10:

pastedImage_1.png

In the next window you can select "Processor Expert" or not, just notice that KSDK will be disabled.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

rolffreitag
Contributor III

Ok, thanks.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As David I think you do not have peripheral clocks enabled. But if you are using Processor Expert, this is done automatically. Otherwise, do you have the watchdog enabled? I recommend you step through your code to see where it happens.

Maybe you do not have enough heap memory allocated? If this is the case, it will cause an exception in the ANSI/GNU libraries during startup.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rolf,

If you are creating a new project, please post it.

If you are using existing project in KSDK please let us know which one.

In general if exception is occurring like that, often the peripheral clock has not been enabled.  Did you enable the GPIO port clock?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos