cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No changes after installing KDS 3.0 and SDK 1.2.0

alexandrebyshim
Contributor II

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the KDS 3.0 and SDK 1.2.0 but I can't see any difference between this version and previous version of KDS. I have no new µC added now example files etc...

Do I need to do something else like linking the KDS and the SDK?
How can I do that?

I m using Windows 8 64bit version.

Thank You in advence.

Alexandre

Labels (1)
3 Replies

alexandrebyshim
Contributor II

Thanks a lot for helping.

I hadn't installed the eclipse update on KDS. I m new to Freescale MCU's. I'm switching from Atmel's AVR MCU to the Freescale's Kinetis Family.
You info helped me to get up and running thanks a lot.

Carlos Mendoza and ZhanJennie

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexandre,

please see Erich's article for what's new in KDS3.0

(see https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-104880 for details)

for device support, please see attached release note, section " Devices Supported "

See https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103698 for additional details, especially about porting KDS v2.0.0 projects to the GNU ARM Embedded (launchpad) tools.

for beginner user, I also recommend this article for

How to start customized KSDK project based on KSDK demo code

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandre,

Did you installed the Kinetis SDK eclipse update on KDS? please take a look at this video that explains how to do it:

Video Link : 3281

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!