Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Problem FXTH87xx02 - CodeWarrior - USBDM

Jump to solution
wernermoeck
Contributor II

Hallo together,

i try to debug the TPMS Sensor FXTH87xx02 with CodeWarrior and a USBDM Programmer.

Programming of the following example project for the 1 Axis Sensor is working.

pastedImage_2.png

If i start to debug the programm in the stepping mode of codewarrior then i get a error in the following line by reading the Voltage.

Temperature- and Pressure- Measurment also gives a error in the same way!

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Someone has an idea what the problem could be?

Could it be that the preprogrammed areas of the FXTH870511 were overwritten by mistake?

Therefore the question has somebody a Image File for the one axis Sensor FXTH870511? I can only find one for the two axis sensor!

I hope someone can help me...

Kind regards

Werner

Labels (1)
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Werner,

There is quite long discussion of using USBDM with this chip here:

Fail to program FXTH87xx11 using USBDM

A brief description of the required set-up for USBDM for programming and debugging is given here:

USBDM: Programming devices while preserving data

There are two issues:

• It is very easy to accidentally erase the pre-programmed routines that are in the FXTH87.  It is necessary to set up selective erase in Codewarrior.  See second link above.  If you accidentally erase the chip you have to restore the missing code somehow.
  • You don't have the source code for the above flash routines so you cannot "step-into" the routines and expect source-level debugging - Only assembly code which is pretty useless.

I hope the above helps.

bye

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Werner,

There is quite long discussion of using USBDM with this chip here:

A brief description of the required set-up for USBDM for programming and debugging is given here:

There are two issues:

• It is very easy to accidentally erase the pre-programmed routines that are in the FXTH87.  It is necessary to set up selective erase in Codewarrior.  See second link above.  If you accidentally erase the chip you have to restore the missing code somehow.
  • You don't have the source code for the above flash routines so you cannot "step-into" the routines and expect source-level debugging - Only assembly code which is pretty useless.

I hope the above helps.

bye

wernermoeck
Contributor II

Hallo pgo,

thank you for your message same probleme in the link

as in my case!

It seem to be that have overwritten the preprogrammed areas of my sensor, too!

In my first question there was a mistake i'm using the sensor fxth870502 (so the 1 axis one) not the fxth870511

Is there somebody who can send me an image filea  for the one axis Sensor FXTH870502?

Cheers

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Werner,

If you are still looking for an image file please see bottom of this updated page:

bye

wernermoeck
Contributor II

Thank you perfect :-)

0 Kudos