Debugger code load problem on QORIQ Converge B4860 EVM(B4860QDS)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger code load problem on QORIQ Converge B4860 EVM(B4860QDS)

nikunjtapodhan
Contributor I

Hi,    Currently I am using A QORIQ Qonverge B4860 EVM Board for dsp  code development. I want to now start on debugging my Code modules.  

Background is that Freescale board is able to connect to PC using code warrior IDE, but I  am not able to download the code in dsp using debug mode.

I am using on board ecwtap configuration to launch the debugger  and no external Probes are used in setup. ECWTAP configuration, board connection is verified successfully as mentioned in the steps in below thread:

I have tried to see and configure the CCS as per following thread:

Getting started with B4860QDS Board 'out of the box'

After doing this, I am able to connect to board.In general it looks like I am able to connect to board but loading the code in debugger is not working out..

I have tried "Download", "Attach" debug configurations for launching  code in target using the onboard eCWTap(codewarrior tap in usb  configuration) ,i referred the quick reference and description guides to  solve the issues, tried lots of things but did not work.  NOTE: We are not using external debug devices such as codewarrior  tap or USB Tap, we are simply connecting a USB Cable to J2 usb  connector on board for debugging.  The error I am facing is that I am not able to debug any code in this  EVM and whenever I load any elf it does not halt at main()(stepping  through the code is not possible), Program counter gets stuck  somewhere at 0x00000002..and throws error.  I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

Please help

regards

nikunj

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello NIKUNJ TAPODHAN,

Did you specify the debugger to stop on startup at program entry point or user specified main?

This setting is from Run/Debug Settings->Edit->Debugger->Debug.

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

nikunjtapodhan
Contributor I

Hi Lumin

Thanks for the reply,

Did you specify the debugger to stop on startup at program entry point or user specified main?

ANS: yes i have done the settings as you mentioned but still facing the problem

pastedImage_0.png

Download settings:

pastedImage_1.png

Connection Settings:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Target settings:

pastedImage_4.png

Target settings pg2:

pastedImage_5.png

Target settings pg 3:

pastedImage_6.png

I have tried with all the above settings but still facing the issue.

Please guide me

regards

nikunj

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello NIKUNJ TAPODHAN,

Sorry for late, your configuration looks good. There is one thing please check, if the RCW of your powered device as the suggested one as below, please try it if not:

140E0018 0F001218 00000000 00000000

1A8D0000 A000A400 FC025000 A9000000

01000000 00000000 00000000 0001B1F8

00000000 14000020 00000000 00000011

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos