cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10DX128xxx5 nvm eeprom flash

andreaswickströ
Contributor I

Hi

Is it posible to download code and debug this cpu without erasing the internal eeprom (nvm memory). I have used a segger and a PE micro debugger without any luck.

I am able to use the memory and it works as long as i dont download new firmware to it.

I hope someone know how to be able to debug the firmware without erasing the internal eeprom.

Best regards

Andreas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

andreaswickströ
Contributor I

Hi

I have tried the checkbox Preserve Partitioning for the device but without any luck? I have tried it in both KDS and codewarrior 10.6.

If I should set any memoryrange for preserving is it correct to set from 0x10000000 to 0x10002000 when I use the MK10DX128 cpu?

I have read in another thread that PE micro should make another .arp file for programming the device. I use the latest version from PE Micro version 1.07. Is there any newer version of the file?

If this is not working is there any other way to debug the chip without erasing the internal EEPROM?

Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andreas,

You can use the "Targer Tasks" to flash the region you want .

The detail steps please refer to here : Preserve Memory Ranges In CodeWarrior v10.6

And the detail information on CW10.6 you can refer to

" ....\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\PDF\CodeWarrior Development Studio Common Features Guide"

-> "3.11 Flash programmer"  , especaill the " 3.11.2.3.2 Program/Verify actions "

I have test on kinetis k64 chip , if you have any question hen you test this method , please tell me .

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andreas:

I have not tried such feature myself, but the latest P&E GDB plugin  in KDS v3.0.0 you have the option to preserve memory spaces:

pastedImage_0.png

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos