Is ISF v2.1 compatible with KDS 3.0 (and KSDK 1.2) ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ISF v2.1 compatible with KDS 3.0 (and KSDK 1.2) ?

peter_fenn
Contributor V

Are there any issues to be aware of when attempting to use ISF v2.1 with KDS 3.0 (and KSDK 1.2) ?

Thanks

Peter

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

davidmunsinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately ISF 2.1 is not yet compatible with either KDS 3.0 or KSDK 1.2.  We have plans to update ISF to these releases in Q3 2015.

David Munsinger

0 Kudos

davidmunsinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

Just to be clear.  ISF 2.1 is compatible with KDS 2.0.  There are example projects included with the installer for that version.  We do not yet support any version of the KDSK, so v1.2 will be the first.

Dave...

0 Kudos

peter_fenn
Contributor V

David

Thanks for your insights on this.

I'm wanting to use just a small subset of ISF 2.1 functionality within my KDS 3.0 project
Specifically: Access and processing of Accelerometer (and Magnetometer) data from FXOS8700CQ device on FRDM-K22F board.

Do you foresee any problems trying to get applicable parts of ISF 2.1 code to work within my KDS 3.0 project?

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos

davidmunsinger
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

That is a feasible approached.  The three files to look at for examples are fxos8700.h, fsl_fxos8700_i2cspi_6D_AccMag.c, and fsl_fxos8700_i2cspi_6D_AccMag.h.  I've included just those files here: fxos8700.zip  Keep in mind that there is extra complexity in ISF, for example we use a generic device driver interface called Device Messaging (dm_channel_, dm_device_ calls) that provides a consistent interface to all communications channels (currently UART, I2C, SPI).  Also, these file implement our Sensor Adapter interface which includes Initialization, Configuration, Start, and Stop functions that in turn include the interface calls to control the I2C registers.  Please review the code.  I hope this helps.

Dave...

0 Kudos