Serial communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication

majidhamidi
Contributor I

Hello, I am trying to get the data from FXLC95000 using MATLAB serial communication and not using MailboxTool.

I just need an example of command that could be send to FXLC95000 to enable reading data through serial port. I noticed in documents

example of commands that should be sent to 32 byte mailbox using Mailboxtool software for command/response or quick read but it seems that it doesn't have all bytes needed for an arbitrary Host that communicates with serial port.

Can someone provide me with an example?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, this response was provided by a colleague ---

The Evaluation board contains a separate ColdFire processor that handles serial communications with the PC and acts as a bridge between the PC and the FXLC95000CL (which only communicates via I2C or SPI). The Mailbox Tool places commands destined for the FXLC95000CL inside of control messages that it sends to the bridge processor. There is no documentation available for the bridge communications interface which is why the Mailbox Tool is provided with the board and the firmware.

A new sensor shield board for the FXLC95000CL compatible with Freescale’s Freedom platforms is being planned but that will not be available for several months – no commitments as of yet. This new board would make such communications more straightforward.

For now, you could use a PC serial monitoring program to snoop the serial bus and see what data is being sent based upon the commands issued/received by the Mailbox Tool. You could then send/receive the same data from MATLAB.

Hope this helps -

0 Kudos

majidhamidi
Contributor I

Thank you Margaret. I could get the data finally with hacking the serial port.

0 Kudos