Enter Recovery Mode Through JTAG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter Recovery Mode Through JTAG

romanschnarwile
Contributor III

Is it possible to enter recovery mode on i.MX6 Solo and DualLite through some JTAG commands. I'm looking for the easiest way possible, as we plan to use a bit-bang JTAG approach without  any predefined configuration files, etc like would be available on e.g. Lauterbach. I'm thinking about a simple IR and DR combination to modify the GPR9 and 10 register. Or a simple way of loading a small assembler code into internal ram and execute this. Any solution is OK as long as it can be done through JTAG only.

We would like to enter recovery mode on a device where the HW recovery mode (BOOT_MODE0) pin isn't available.

We just started looking at this, so any input or suggestion might be helpful.

Thanks.

Roman

Toradex

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Roman

suggest to look at link

Use JTAG to force entry into Serial Downloader mode

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

romanschnarwile
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks. I didn't find that post. Looks promising, we'll l give it a try. I try to update this post here with our findings, but give me some time.

Have a nice weekend

Roman

0 Kudos