Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi- Multilib

Jump to solution
ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Dear Developers

I face to problem with arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi (multilib linaro gcc 4.6.2 that freescale provides it for IMX<gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12>).

When I want to compile a test.c with the following command :

arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc test.c -o test

everything is fine, but when I try :

arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc test.c -o test --sysroot=/home/university/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/multi-libs/default

I face to error that says cannot find crt1.o ,..

I get the sysroot of gcc by:

arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc -print-sysroot

/home/university/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/multi-libs/default

As you see they are the same, so why when I set the sysroot I face to "can't find crt1.o"?that's really strange!

And of course I have the same problem with Buildroot when I use this compiler (Multilib) that freescale provides?

I appreciate any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Hello everyone

Finally I use of my own compiler that I made it by crosstool-NG with all of information that I got from freescale multilib compiler by using this command:

arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v

After compiler is made I used it for making rootfs by Buildroot and QT5 and it works for me.

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Hello everyone

Finally I use of my own compiler that I made it by crosstool-NG with all of information that I got from freescale multilib compiler by using this command:

arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v

After compiler is made I used it for making rootfs by Buildroot and QT5 and it works for me.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you point me where you downloaded the toolchain?  I would like to reproduce the error.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
ali_sarlak
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.You can get it from https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95560 it is on L3.0.35_4.1.0_SOURCE_BSP after you download it the compiler is on the pkgs folder of "L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source" archive and the name of toolchain is : (gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12-1.i386).

Best Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos