cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make kernel with wireless extensions support

ramprasadvempat
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm newbie to yocto or freescale imx6 platform. I've followed yocto user guide and could flash SD card with image type "core-image-base" and platform is up & running with SD card image. But I'm facing some problems. Could you guide me?

1. Default kernel config seems to have wireless extensions support disabled. I get below error when I type "iwconfig" . How do I get rid of below error?

cfg80211: wext will not work because kernel was compiled with CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT=n. Tools using wext interface, like iwconfig will not work.

2. Can I make packages like hostapd or iperf or xinetd, part of the system after I do bit-bake?  Do I need to cross compile seperately or do I get them as binaries from sources folder, which I can simply copy to SD card for using?

3. I would like to understand, some naming conventions like receipees, images etc. Any good reference you can suggest?

I'm reading through documents I find through internet, but it's just they are too much confusing for a new user like me.  Any help in this regards will help me lot.

-ram

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the below document you can find how to integrate the Atheros wi-fi chipset and wireless firmware to the core-image-minimal and the imx28evk.

The steps must very similar.

iMX28evk Wi-Fi AR6103

I hope that helps.

/Alejandro

0 Kudos