Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q-board, running ddr-stress-test-mx6dq, using JTAG

Jump to solution
tobiasmaier
Contributor I

Hello,

we want to calibrate ddr3-RAM on a imx6-quad-board with "ddr-stress-test-mx6dq......." (for loading with JTAG).

Our imx6-board is running at the moment by booting a minimum imx6-config over JTAG

(using BDI3000 debugger). We are able to communicate to the board in this way. Also

it ist possible to load DDR_Stress_Tester_V1.0.3_UART1_for_SDboot&JTAG elf-file

to address 0x00907000 in iRAM.

The TX/RX pad - configuration for UART1 was done (CSI0_DAT10/ALT3, CSI0_DAT11/ALT3).

Nevertheless we didn´t get any output on the serial UART1 console after starting the "ddr-stress-test"

with the command "go 0x0090700" in debugger-console.

We tried out to configure the UART1 (-registers) to match with RS232 and a baudrate of 115200Kbps.

But nothing will happen at the serial console.

I think we have to do the the configuration of the board in the imx6-config-file of the BDI3000 (like done

by u-boot when using usb-variante) to initialize basically for using "ddr-stress-test" .

Does anybody have a kind of user manual that decribes the main line we have to go to run the

"ddr-stress-test". I always found the things for u-boot/usb-actions.

Thank you very much for your help,

Tobi

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tobias

some reference boards configuration files one

can find in DDR_Stress_Tester_V1.0.3.zip

folder binary/scripts, documentation in

DDR_Stress_Tester_V1.0.3/Documentation.

Also recommended to look at

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-101708

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tobiasmaier
Contributor I

Hi Igor, hi Yur,

first of all: sorry for my late response and thank you for your quik help.

I found that interesting documents an have written an initialization script including

the configuration for the DDR3-Ram to setup imx6 while booting with BDI3000 and JTAG.

The result is the same as last week:

I can bring up the board with BDI3000-debugger

I can load than the ddr-stress-test (elf) file to 0x00907000

I can read back the values from the related registers, configured in the BDI3000-Script

I cannot start the ddr-stress-test by command "go 0x00907000" from BDI3000-debug-console successfully.

I think there is something other that i have to do for initializing the imx6.

What is the difference between the u-boot variant (.bin) and the JTAG-variant (.elf)?

What are the initialization steps I have to do on my own when I using JTAG (debugguer) instead of booting by u-boot

and serial downloader (usb-otg)?

Best regards and thanks for help.

Tobi

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am afraid You load the .elf file as binary image ("I can load than the ddr-stress-test (elf) file to 0x00907000"). 
"elf" is an object file, containing all the needed information for a loader and debugger. Therefore
it may be loaded without additional address as parameter.  Address 0x00907000 should be used

for binary image. So, please try using the .bin file with start address or .elf - without any parameters,

if  BDI3000 supports it.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Tobias

BDI does support ELF. As Yuri mentioned it would load

to the address according to program header in the elf

file. After loading it, just dump the memory at this address

and compare it to that of ddr test program disassembly.

Also pay attention where the entry address of that

executable is. Load address and program entry can

be two different addresses.

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"DDR_Stress_Tester_V1.0.3_UART1_for_SDboot&JTAG" can be loaded (via JTAG)
to internal RAM of the i.MX6 under serial downloader mode (BOOT_MODE[1:0] = 01).

It provides UART initialization. To run the test, DRAM memory must be initialized by
a JTAG script.

Regards,

Yuri.

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tobias

some reference boards configuration files one

can find in DDR_Stress_Tester_V1.0.3.zip

folder binary/scripts, documentation in

DDR_Stress_Tester_V1.0.3/Documentation.

Also recommended to look at

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-101708

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!