cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO MAKE TWO SERIAL(UART) PORT WITH BAUDRATE CONFIGURATION IN FRDMK64F120

sudhakarp
Contributor V

hi,

now i am working on frdmk64f120 controller. i need two serial port example code. i have "hello example" code but  its a OpenSDAv2 connection port.i need one more port using  some other RX and TX pin. can you give some example code..? its useful to me. and i want to know how to configure baud-rate.

4 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudhakar,

You should review the frdm-k64f schematics.  UART4_RX/TX go to the J199 pins 3 and 4 respectively.

Please note that there is no UART PHY so you would need to add one or jumper these connections to a TWR-SER card.

In the future please add more information about the tool chain you are using and what software you are using.   If it is a project you create or modify posting it helps you to get support faster.

Another source for getting help is to search the Community for previous posts.

Here is one to review that has code example to access UART4 in a loopback mode (i.e. jumpered TX to RX).

Cannot debug generated fsl_uart code that is freezing in SendDataBlocking function

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

sudhakarp
Contributor V

Hi David,

am using KDS 2.0.0 IDE and KSDK 1.1.0 examples. can you please send any example code with all serial configuration parameter like baud-rate,parity, stop bit. i searched this one in community but i can't get anything.

if you send example code it will helpful to all.

i hope you will send as soon as possible.

regards,

sudhakar

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudhakar,

I'm using Processor Expert (PE) to configure the pins, baud, other parameters.

Attached is example to unZIP to your C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.1.0  folder.

It setups up the UART4 RX interrupt to receive a character that is used to determine what state the Blue LED should be set to.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

sudhakarp
Contributor V

Hi David,

I build your example project its working fine. sorry but its not useful to me. actually now i am editing Ethernet to serial code. in this project already i did 2client listen code.(port-23 and port-24). here i want to transfer port-23 client data to one serial(UART-1 or 2) port and port-24 client data to another serial(UART-3 or 4) port to avoid data collision. i think you will understand my problem.

in ethernet to serial project tx_task and rx_task functions are there. Its using SDA serial port for transferring data from client . instead of SDA i want one more Serial port to transfer data from CLIENT-2 connection. Then only i can avoid data collision between 2 client connection. now can you guide how to make one more UART program in ethernet to serial project..?. i am waiting for your reply.

regards,

sudhakar.p