cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.Mx28 Load command payload CRC failed : ROM-based boot loader error

praneshs
Contributor I

Hi EveryOne,

Im trying to boot my i.Mx28 device from NAND  flash. I have two partitions in NAND flash ( /dev/mtd0 : kernel ) and (/dev/mtd1 : initrd and other config files).
The Device is booting properly with Micro sd card . But On Booting from Nand Flash , It gives  following log:

HTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFLC

PowerPrep start initialize power...

Battery Voltage = 4.19V

5v source detected.Valid battery voltage detected.Booting from battery voltage source.

LLLCFeb 9 201205:04:46

FRAC 0x92925552

memory type is DDR2

Wait for ddr ready 1power 0x00820616

Frac 0x92925552

start change cpu freq

hbus 0x00000003

cpu 0x00010001

start test memory accress

ddr2 0x40000000

finish simple test

LLLLLLLFLCL0x8050100b

As  seen, the bootlets have thrown error  0x8050100b which means "  Load command payload CRC failed"

When I tried to dig  it more  , I found out that there is bad block in my NAND flash which is in /dev/mtd0 at address 0xc80000.

I use kobs-ng  tool for flashing the kernel to /dev/mtd0.

When I did the cat /dev/mtd0 >/mnt/USB/linux_mtd0.sb , I could able to see that the Kernel  started at the location 1Mb and at the
0xc80000 block is  untouched by kobs-ng ( it is filled by complete zeros till 0xca0000 ) and kernel continues from 0xca0000.

Even though there is no data loss,but  the continuation is missed .

how to solve this error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pranesh

suggest to erase flash anew with flash_eraseall and use ubifs with NAND, steps described below

iMX28: NAND boot "no init found"

http://www.mxic.com.tw/Lists/MoreSoftware/Attachments/52/imx28evk_nand_flash_build.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Send your post to imx community (e.g. i.MX Community ) to get it visible for active members.

0 Kudos