cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR TAD

adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask as the problem covers the KSDK, Processor Expert and MQX.

I have created an IAR project for the K64F120m processor with Processor Expert using the KDSK 1.1 and MQX full. The project is now running on my hardware but the TAD plugin is not providing any information.

The MQX and RTCS menu item appear but nearly all the menu items are disabled. The MQX TAD option is selected in the IAR project debug plugins.

The Check for errors provide the following information: (unfortunately no copy function)

TAD Data Valid? No

Yes to most other lines including Kernel Data Found, Kernel Data valid , MQX init found.

TAD Path Available? No

MQX MEM Range OK? No

MQX Task Created? No

Process Running? No.

The TAD plugin is 4.7.3 in the IAR folder. This works fine for old MQX 4.1 projects and also for the sample KSDK + MQX sdcard project so I am guessing the project created by Processor Expert is missing something.

The KSDK documentation shows a sub folder in the tools folder that contains the TAD but that is not on my PC.

Is there a new TAD for use with the KSDK + MQX?

Do I have to setup anything else in PE to make the TAD work?

Are there any other settings in the KSDK that need to be set to get the TAD to work?

Are there any other settings in the IAR project that are needed?

Thanks for any assistance,

Adrian.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your bug report. We are working on reproducing of this issue.

Could you please clarify your steps when you create your project?

Did you use CodeWarrior or standalone ProcessorExpert package for generating PE code and afterwards you use IAR for debugging? Or you use any of Eclipse IDEs (CW/KDS,..) with PE module and IAR as tool chain option?

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adyr
Contributor V

Thanks for looking into this. After checking again today it is working. I think the problem is caused by the heap allocation as I reported in Processor expert CSTACK placement in icf file. I thought I had fixed that by changing my icf file but when I allocated more heap space the linker reorganised the placement again and put the start of the heap at a higher address than the end of the heap. That probably explains the "MQX MEM Range OK? No" and breaks everything else. Unfortunately after fixing the icf file again to get a proper heap allocation with lots of space I hadn't thought to check if the TAD was working.

The project was created with the standalone Processor Expert package. I then created an IAR project, connected the PE project to it and use IAR workbench to build and debug.

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian Rockall,

many thanks for your notice. I reported this issue to development team and it is in solution.

I will let you know the final result.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos