Where can we find the OpenCL BSP for i.MX6 Android?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m_c
Senior Contributor I

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi m.c.

OpenCL is provided by gpu driver (basically it is the same as linux), please refer

to attached Linux Manual Chapter 13 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).

Below links will help to start with OpenCL

White Paper  Get started with OpenCL on i.MX6

https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/100694-102-1-15669/White%20Paper%20o...

OpenCL Hello World

AN4629 Fast Image Processing with i.MX 6 Series

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deanhayes
Contributor I

I have downloaded and installed the Android Kitkat build for the sabre for Smart Devices platform and

have verified the GPU is configured into the kernel.

I am trying to build the application described in the getting started white paper using an Android ndk standalone toolchain which allows 'standard' make files.  I had to copy the cl.h files from a linux build created with the Yocto environment.

I'm The Android build doesn't contain any of the user lever libraries required to create an OpenCL application which are described in the linux reference manual, chapter 13.   Where can I find / build these libraries:   libOpenCL.so, libCLC.so, libGAL.so (and possibly others).

Within a Yocto environment, I've tried building the package 'gpu-viv-bin-mx6q' and using the resulting .so files.  Apparently the arm toolchain with the Yocto environment is not compatible with the Android ndk's toolchain.

Both Android KitKat and the Yocto based linux build are using linux kernel 3.10-53.

Building the sample using a Yocto build image works as expected but we need this functionality under Android.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

m_c
Senior Contributor I

Hope this can help.

OpenCL Hello World