cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMA8652 not recognized using LFSTBUSB

emontero
Contributor I

Hi

Sensor Toolbox 4.2.1.19 doesn't recognize MMA8652FC nor MMA8653FC connected to my PC using LFSTBEB865x and LFSTBUSB. Sensor Toolbox is showing ""Finding HW, Please plug in the board. Scanning port:COM19".

I already have read the AN4085 "Tips for troubleshooting the MMA865x/MMA845x/MMA8491 Sensor Toolbox Communication Issues"

I verified the correct FTDI driver installation.

Using HyperTerminal and Hercules I don't receive any respond from the board when sending "[Space]i[Enter]".

Basically, I experience the same problem posted here Freescale's sensor (accelerometer) kit issue

But I couldn´t find the s19 file for MMA8652FC under Sensor Toolbox\Bootloaders folder. Using MMA8450Bootloader.s19 will work?

Any help will be appreciated!

I'm running Windows 7 Home Basic 64x

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

emontero
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

I loaded the MMA8450Bootloader into the middle board and now I can use the Sensor Toolbox GUI.

Thanks

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Enrique,

Starting the complete kit in „bootloader mode“ should help. To do so, you simply need to press the push button (SW1) on the LFSTBEB865X interface board (middle board) while applying power to the LFSTBUSB communication board (base board). This push button is located in front of the ON/OFF switch of the base board. Then the Sensor Toolbox GUI loads the appropriate firmware into the MC9S08QE8 MCU on the middle board and the GUI should work fine.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos

emontero
Contributor I

Thanks for the answer.

I did what you said but still can't get the board recognized.

Is there another way to load the firmware into the middle board?

0 Kudos