Failed to resume target process.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to resume target process.

unclemike
Contributor III

I am getting the error "Failed to resume target process." from my debugger.  I am using CW 10.6 and a MC9S08QE32 chip

Things I have tried include:

Doing a 'clean'

Doing a 'regenerate processor expert" code.
deleted the .metadata folder.

tried to build in a different computer.

none of these things helped.

I CAN make a new project with processor expert, and it will debug just fine.

(I tried to upload a similar question a few hours ago, but I dont see it yet.  my apologies if this is redundant)

Thanks

Michael

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Micheal,

if there is no problem with a new project but problem is only in one specific project:

the possible reasons can be:

1. select wrong MCU type.

2. select wrong MCU connection

3. wrong memory definition in project

there is useful thread for similar problem, please see:

https://community.freescale.com/message/426740#426740

if you can't solve your problem anyway, please upload your project here we can test.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

unclemike
Contributor III

Hi Jennie:

Thank you for responding.   On  the Processor Expert pane under "Generator Configurations" it has the wrong MCU in both projects that work and projects that don't.  I don't see where I select it when I am using the New Project wizard, and I can't find where to change it after the project has been created.  I select MC9S08QE32 when I am given a choice, but it seems to use whatever it fells like for the package suffix.  On the project that works under "Generator Configurations" it has "Debug_S08QE32CFT". On the project that does not work it has "S08QE32CWL.  The MCU is really a MC9S08QE23CLC,

On the Processor Expert pane under  Processors it has the correct MCU ( it says Cpu:MC9S08QE23CLC).  I can change that one by opening the hardware perspective and clicking on the "Select Package for the Processor" icon.

I have tried to select the correct MCU in the Components Library-> QE-> MC9S08QE32.  I double click on MC9S08QE32 and select the CLC package

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with my problem.  I was able to debug this project when I first made it.

I would upload my project, but I don't see an "add attachment" button here.  Where do I upload a file and how do I make sure that it goes to you instead of somebody else?

Mike

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

your QE32 is CLC package so you need project mcu config as CLC package, right?

see attached for how to attach

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

unclemike
Contributor III

Hi again:

This is the window I see.  there is no 'attach' in the lower right.

noattach.JPG.jpgH

However, since I can insert images, here is a shot of my screen.

package.JPG.jpg

Maybe it would be better if I took a different approach.  I am going to try to start a project from scratch and then see if I can find a way to move the Processor Expert files from the old project to the new one.  I was hoping  to avoid all those dialogs. 

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to.  Thank you for trying to help

Michael

0 Kudos

unclemike
Contributor III

Hi Jennie:

Thank you for responding.   On  the Processor Expert pane under "Generator Configurations" it has the wrong MCU in both projects that work and projects that don't.  I don't see where I select it when I am using the New Project wizard, and I can't find where to change it after the project has been created.  I select MC9S08QE32 when I am given a choice, but it seems to use whatever it fells like for the package suffix.  On the project that works under "Generator Configurations" it has "Debug_S08QE32CFT". On the project that does not work it has "S08QE32CWL.  The MCU is really a MC9S08QE23CLC,

On the Processor Expert pane under  Processors it has the correct MCU ( it says Cpu:MC9S08QE23CLC).  I can change that one by opening the hardware perspective and clicking on the "Select Package for the Processor" icon.

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with my problem.  I was able to debug this project when I first made it.

Mike

0 Kudos