SABRE Touchscreen not working (MCIMX6Q-SDP)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE Touchscreen not working (MCIMX6Q-SDP)

matthiasbilger
Contributor I

Dear community,

I have some troubles regarding the touchscreen on the Sabre platform. I have the evaluation kit from Freescale including the 10" display as mentionen in the topic.

I have created a small application that tries to read events from the touchscreen device. This works only sometimes.

- Sometimes after startup the touchscreen works for a few seconds, sometimes it does not work at all

- If it works it suddenly stops working. The system is still responsive, but there are no more events

- I do not have a gui running.

- I'm using a yocto build environment

I attached the kernel config.

Any Ideas? Anything someone can give me a hint?

Original Attachment has been moved to: config.gz

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does the default Yocto GUI work? If its behaviour is the same as you describe (sometimes it works for a few seconds, sometimes doesn't work at all), it mostly looks like the hardware failure. In that case, you have to initiate the RMA/replacement procedure with your Freescale FAE.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthias

one can try to use evtest or tslib as below

Reg: Touch Screen

Linux Software User Manual (i.MX6) - BlueWiki

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

matthiasbilger
Contributor I

As with my application, on one board it doesn't work (it worked at least once). evtest stops at the line: Testing ....

The previous output is identical to that in the log I attached. After the last event in the log, I've tried for another 30 seconds, but I haven't got any further events.

Is there a system timer that disables the touchscreen?

0 Kudos

ottawa-imx6
Contributor IV

To see if your hardware and driver are working, try to view the output of your device:

cat /dev/input/event1

Or

hexdump /dev/input/event1

It could be event0 also.

You will see output if it is working.

If it is consistent then your userspace application is the problem and is disconnecting from it.

If not, then the driver or hardware is at fault.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

suggest to check with Freescale Demo images

L3.10.53_1.1.0_iMX6QDLS_Bundle : i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo Linux Binary Demo Files

L3.10.17_1.0.2_iMX6QDLS_BUNDLE : i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo Linux Binary Demo Files

L3.0.35_4.1.0_DEMO_IMAGE_BSP : i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i.MX 6Solo and i.MX 6Sololite Linux Binary Demo Files

0 Kudos

matthiasbilger
Contributor I

I've tried to use the images, but they didn't work with the board, the kernel throws a kernel panic while mounting the filesystem. I used the .sdcard images

0 Kudos