cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ColdFire different behavior when flashing via "debug" or "flash on device"

il_mix
Contributor II

Hi, everyone!

I have this project for ColdFire MCF51MM. After initialization, it print via serial a given string.

Everything works fine when flashing the micro via debug. It works correctly after resetting the micro, too (using it unconnected to CodeWarrior, not just in debug mode).

If I flash the .elf or .elf.S19 using "Flash Programmer"->"Flash File To Target", the output string is all messed up.

I analyzed the serial signal with an oscilloscope, and it looks like the signal generated by the micro programmed via Flash Programmer is slightly slower than the one generated when the micro is programmed via Debug.

What can be the source of this behavior?

Thanks

Massimo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Massimo Cristofolini,

I think that the behavior you describe might be happening because the "Flash file to Target" option is not managing the trim value, you can find more information here:

Re: CodeWarrior "Flash File to Target" trimming or not?

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos